We collect textiles when required on your recycling collection day Place loose in your:
- clothing – trousers, t-shirts, shorts, dresses, knitwear, shorts and skirts
- accessories – ties, scarves, belts, hats, bags
- outerwear – jackets, coats, waterproofs
- paired footwear - heels, wellies, trainers, boots)
- household materials – towels, bedding, blankets, curtains
We can’t collect:
- wet or heavily soiled clothing
- single shoes
- sleeping bags
Use the pink sacks provided as and when required. Place them on top of your blue bin or reusable bag for collection. We will replace the textile recycling sacks as you use them.
Help us improve our website
Got ten minutes to spare? We're running a quick exercise to help us organise the waste and recycling web content to make it easier to find.
Take part: navigation exercise
The exercise will run in a new window or tab. If the exercise is closed, don't worry. We'll be running further exercises over the next few weeks. Or you can contact the web team direct: Contact web services (Please don't use this link for bin queries.)
Contact the waste team