We collect your “mixed recycling” – glass, plastic, tins, cartons and metal- every two weeks. Please place items clean and loose in your:
- blue wheeled bin
- blue bag (some households, not suitable for wheeled bins, will be issued with two reusable bags)
- large red wheeled bin for flats and schools
What we collect
- Cartons: beverage cartons, soup, milk, juice etc.
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Shampoo, body wash and mouthwash bottles
- Household metal materials: foil, aerosols, bottle tops, jar lids
- Tins and cans: food tins, drink cans
- Glass: bottles, jars
What we can't collect
- Plastics bags
- Paper and cardboard (please use your paper recycling box),
- Cling film and plastic wrapping
- Plastic plant pots and toys,
- Household glassware and china
- Crisp, sweet and biscuit wrappers
- Tear-off plastic film
- Pet bedding or cat litter
- Pet food pouches
- Other plastic
- Electrical items
- General rubbish
If we don’t empty your bin
If your bin or bag contains an item we can’t recycle then we will not empty it. One item might contaminate a whole load and won’t be accepted at the recycling centre.
We will leave a tag on your bin if we can’t empty it.
Please don’t use plastic, paper or corn starch bags to line the whole or part of the bin. The recycling centre won’t accept recycling that is not loose..
You can recycle broken glass bottles and jars. If glass breaks in the blue bin, we’ll still collect it.
Help us improve our website
Got ten minutes to spare? We're running a quick exercise to help us organise the waste and recycling web content to make it easier to find.
Take part: navigation exercise
The exercise will run in a new window or tab. If the exercise is closed, don't worry. We'll be running further exercises over the next few weeks. Or you can contact the web team direct: Contact web services (Please don't use this link for bin queries.)
Contact the waste team