We collect your "mixed recycling" - glass, plastic, tins, cartons and metal - every two weeks. Please place items clean and loose in your:
- blue wheeled bin
- blue bag (some households, not suitable for wheeled bins, will be issued with two reusable bags)
- large red wheeled bin for flats and schools
What we collect
- Cartons: beverage cartons, soup, milk, juice etc.
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Shampoo, body wash and mouthwash bottles
- Household metal materials: foil, aerosols, bottle tops, jar lids
- Tins and cans: food tins, drink cans
- Glass: bottles, jars
What we can't collect
- Plastics bags
- Paper and cardboard (please use your paper recycling box),
- Cling film and plastic wrapping
- Plastic plant pots and toys,
- Household glassware and china
- Crisp, sweet and biscuit wrappers
- Tear-off plastic film
- Pet bedding or cat litter
- Pet food pouches
- Other plastic
- Electrical items
- General rubbish
If we don’t empty your bin
If your bin or bag contains an item we can’t recycle then we will not empty it. One item might contaminate a whole load and won’t be accepted at the recycling centre.
We will leave a tag on your bin if we can’t empty it.
Please don’t use plastic, paper or corn starch bags to line the whole or part of the bin. The recycling centre won’t accept recycling that is not loose..
You can recycle broken glass bottles and jars. If glass breaks in the blue bin, we’ll still collect it.
Extra recycling guidance
We will collect a reasonable amount of excess recyclable material as long as:
- it is loose in a re-useable container - we will not collect recyclables in plastic bags
- it is presented neatly alongside the relevant collection container
- cardboard boxes are cut down and flattened to a manageable size
Neither Wycombe DC nor our contractors can be responsible or liable for any lost containers used to store extra recycling.