General waste collection
All non-recyclable waste (general rubbish) goes into either your:
- black wheeled bin
- purple sacks (some households not suitable for wheeled bins, will be issued with an annual supply of purple sacks)
- large black or green wheeled bin for flats and schools
- nappies, securely tied in a bag
- cat litter, securely tied in a bag
- plastic wrapping, film and carrier bags
- polystyrene packaging
- food pouches
- crisp packets
- broken crockery and glassware
- waxed or laminated paper/card
- Pyrex and glassware (securely tied in a bag)
- toothpaste tubes
- shredded paper (can be added to your home compost)
- plastic bags can be recycled at most major supermarkets
We can’t collect
- garden waste contained in your black bin or purple sacks: please use your green bin for your garden waste
- any additional waste presented alongside or on top of your black bin
- bins that are too heavy, as a guideline, the bin should be easily moved with one hand
Take garden waste to one of Bucks County Council's household waste and recycling centres (external website) or you could home compost: see Bucks CC home composting (external website)
We will only collect the rubbish contained inside the bin with the lid shut flat
We’ll collect up to four purple sacks every fortnight (equivalent volume of a black bin). We’ll send you purple sacks every year.
Purple sack deliveries March 2017
We're delivering purple sacks in the coming weeks for general household waste at those properties in the district where wheeled bins are not a viable option. You will receive two rolls of sacks, enough to last the year.
We'll complete deliveries by Sunday 26 March 2017. If you have not received your supply of sacks, please contact the Joint Waste team.
Please remember we will collect no more than four purple sacks on each rubbish collection week.
Bins for flats
Please keep the bin stores and areas clean and accessible at all times. We won’t collect waste dumped on the floor of your bin store.
Collection services for schools
Schools should contact the waste and recycling team for more details on our chargeable refuse collection service. We will carry out a review of the recycling service available to schools in the autumn.