Request a new bin
Exchanging your bin
Smaller or larger sized wheeled bins are available upon request.
Requests for bigger bins are subject to successful application and periodic review.
A delivery charge of £7 for each container is payable in advance.
Replacing or repairing a damaged bin
We will repair or replace any damaged bins and boxes provided for domestic use, if you are able to present the damaged bin for exchange. Failure to present the damaged bins will mean that we are unable to repair or supply a replacement.
Please be aware we may charge for replacements. Contact us on 01494 586 550 or email email@example.com for advice.
Ordering a new bin
For any new development it is the responsibility of the developer, or the new occupier in the second instance, to request and pay for waste containers.
New occupiers must ensure that the previous occupier has left the containers. If the new occupier can't find the containers, they can request a replacement container. This service may be subject to a charge.
Charges for wheeled bins
|140, 180, 240 or 360 litre*
Charges for wheeled bin exchanges
|140, 180, 240 or 360 litre*
Charges for recycling boxes
|Box and lid
Charges for food waste containers
|Outdoor food recycling container
* Please be aware that unless determined otherwise, we will supply new or replacement containers in the following 'standard' sizes:
- 180 litre black wheeled bin for rubbish
- 240 litre green wheeled bin for garden waste
- 240 litre blue wheeled bin for mixed recycling
- 55 litre green/black box for paper recycling
- 23 litre brown food recycling bin
How to order
To request a new or replacement bin, bag or box:
Subject to a successful request, we will arrange for the delivery of the bin, bag or box within 10 working days.
- occupiers are responsible for any wheeled bins and recycling boxes that we have issued
- where a wheeled bin is lost or stolen, occupiers are responsible for purchasing a replacement
- when moving house, occupiers must leave any containers behind for the new occupant
- developers are responsible for purchasing containers for new builds
Bins for new builds
If developers choose not to purchase containers from us, they must ensure that the containers they purchase conform with our specification and demonstrate that wheeled bins are EN 840 compliant.
If developers purchase their own containers, any damage, loss or wear and tear is at the owners risk. We will not take responsibility for repair or replacement or the associated costs.
Help us improve our website
Got ten minutes to spare? We're running a quick exercise to help us organise the waste and recycling web content to make it easier to find.
Take part: navigation exercise
The exercise will run in a new window or tab. If the exercise is closed, don't worry. We'll be running further exercises over the next few weeks. Or you can contact the web team direct: Contact web services (Please don't use this link for bin queries.)
Contact the waste team