Putting your bin out
- See: Bin updates for the latest on missed collections and service updates.
When you put your bins out on your bin collection day, please:
- place all waste in the bin or box provided with the lid closed flat and the box lids secured
- put your bins, bags or boxes out at the edge of your property boundary by 7am on collection day
- position your bin or bags and boxes to prevent any obstruction
- ensure collection vehicles have access
- take your bin, bags or boxes back in after collection
Our promise to you:
- We will collect your recycling and general rubbish
- We will provide wheeled bins (or reusable bags) and recycling boxes to all suitable properties (charges may apply)
- We will make special arrangements where no able-bodied person can put the bin or box out for collection
- We will resume collections as soon as possible following any disruption to the service
My bin collection day
Please wait until 4pm on the day of collection before reporting a missed collection. Collections may take place at different times each week or there may be traffic problems or other delays.
Please make reports within three working days of your collection day.
See Bin updates: for reported service problems and to report a missed bin collection.
Help us improve our website
Got ten minutes to spare? We're running a quick exercise to help us organise the waste and recycling web content to make it easier to find.
Take part: navigation exercise
The exercise will run in a new window or tab. If the exercise is closed, don't worry. We'll be running further exercises over the next few weeks. Or you can contact the web team direct: Contact web services (Please don't use this link for bin queries.)
Contact the waste team