Putting your bin out
- See: Bin updates for the latest on missed collections and service updates.
When you put your bins out on your bin collection day, please:
- place all waste in the bin or box provided with the lid closed flat and the box lids secured
- put your bins, bags or boxes out at the edge of your property boundary by 7am on collection day
- position your bin or bags and boxes to prevent any obstruction
- ensure collection vehicles have access
- take your bin, bags or boxes back in after collection
Our promise to you:
- We will collect your recycling and general rubbish
- We will provide wheeled bins (or reusable bags) and recycling boxes to all suitable properties (charges may apply)
- We will make special arrangements where no able-bodied person can put the bin or box out for collection
- We will resume collections as soon as possible following any disruption to the service
My bin collection day
Please wait until 4pm on the day of collection before reporting a missed collection. Collections may take place at different times each week or there may be traffic problems or other delays.
Please make reports within three working days of your collection day.
Before reporting a missed collection, please check that:
- paper and cardboard was in your paper box, not inside your blue recycling bin
- your recycling was loose and not wrapped in plastic bags or bin liners.
- there are no scheduled service changes, including bank holidays
- there isn’t a label attached to the bin explaining why it was not collected
- you placed the correct container at the edge of your property boundary before 7am
If you presented your container correctly, we apologise for the missed collection. Please report it now.
Report a missed bin collection
Contact the waste team.