Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Road spillages

A new contract for recycling, waste and street cleansing will start on 7th September 2020, which will bring significant benefits and improvements for our residents. 

Whilst we move from one contractor to the next there may be some delays completing your request. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Report a spillage on the road

  • During office hours contact Transport for Buckinghamshire on 0845 230 2882.
  • For emergency out of hours service (if the spillage is causing a hazard) call Transport for Buckinghamshire on 01296 486 630.
  • For spillages on motorways please call the Highways Agency on 0300 123 5000 (available 24 hours).

If an incident occurs which results in a spillage or debris on the highway, the highway authority, Buckinghamshire Council is responsible. If a spillage happens outside of office hours, Buckinghamshire Council offer an out-of-hours standby service to provide emergency cover.

Road spillages on motorways are very hazardous and should be reported to the Highways Agency (external website).

Scheduled cleaning

We are responsible for the scheduled cleaning of the highway. Contact our joint waste and recycling team for more information about scheduled highway cleaning.

Contact information