Community litter pick
Organising your community litter pick
We are now able to lend out litter pickers, provide bags and offer a waste collection after a litter pick event at a designated collection point.
Request equipment for a litter picking event (external link)
After submitting the form, we will contact you with a time-slot to collect equipment during office opening hours.
- Litter pickers will be sanitised using anti-bacterial cleaning products
- Our staff will be wearing appropriate PPE, including disposable gloves
- Litter pickers will be placed in disposable bags and labelled with your details and date of collection
- Anyone collecting equipment must not have any symptoms of coronavirus or have anyone in their household who are currently self-isolating or in quarantine after a trip from abroad
- You must sign in at the council office reception for track and trace purposes.
- We will point you to the collection area to collect your equipment. From this point our staff will not handle any bags
- If you are running multiple litter picks, we will loan equipment for longer periods to avoid repeat contact
- For one-off events, you will need to arrange to drop off the litter pickers to us and will be given a time slot during office opening hours
- You will need to sanitise the handle of the litter pickers using anti-bacterial cleaning products and place the equipment into a disposable bag
- You must sign in at reception for track and trace purposes and will be directed to the equipment drop off point
We can arrange for bagged waste to be collected from a designated collection point. This will need to be arranged prior to the event taking place.
Risk assessments for your event
Please refer to the government guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe from coronavirus and all participants should read the Keep Britain Tidy guidance for litter picking events.
You should not litter pick if you are:
- In ‘at risk’ groups
- Displaying symptoms
- Have been in contact with those with symptoms
Our risk assessment covers the staff preparing and distributing equipment and does not extend to individuals taking part in the litter picking events.
Keep Britain Tidy - Great British September Clean
Keep Britain Tidy have rescheduled the Great British Spring Clean to September 2020 and will launch on
Friday 11 September as the Great British September Clean. The campaign will run between 11-27 September 2020.
For more information, visit Keep Britain Tidy: Great British September Clean.