Book a bulky waste collection

We offer a paid for collection service for large household waste. We can collect up to nine items per booking.

Our waste and recycling service is provided jointly with Chiltern District Council. Some links redirect to the Chiltern DC website.

Before you book your collection

You can dispose of most bulky items free of charge at Household Recycling Centres or recycle usable items through services like FreecycleFreegleReuse Network (external websites) or other charities.

For a list of items which are free to dispose of at Household Recycling Centres visit Bucks County Council's website (external link)

Book your bulky waste collection

Bulky waste collections can be booked and paid for online.

Please be advised that due to popular demand for the bulky waste service, collections spaces fill up quickly and there can be a wait of up to four weeks.

Book a collection


  • 1 - 3 items: £39
  • 4 - 6 items: £78
  • 7 - 9 items: £117

If you are in receipt of income related benefits, a reduced fee is available.

Please note:

  • your booking cannot be amended once your request has been submitted
  • if a booking is cancelled after 1pm on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given

Leave your items for collection

Once booked and paid for please leave items outside the property for collection, as the contractors are not insured to enter buildings. Please ensure there is access to the items at all times in this period. 

What we will collect

  • carpets
  • beds, mattresses
  • furniture: sofas, wardrobes, bookcases
  • domestic fridges and freezers (please remove all food)
  • other domestic electrical items

See a full list of items on the Chiltern District Council website.

What we cannot collect

Examples of construction and demolition waste from households could include:

  • doors and windows
  • fitted kitchens
  • bathroom fittings
  • boilers
  • storage heaters
  • fitted wardrobes
  • building material such as rubble, concrete, bricks and roof tiles
  • plasterboard
  • soil from landscaping activities
  • any other building materials 

These items can be disposed of at your local household waste and recycling centre.

Disposal at the tip

You can dispose of unwanted furniture and other types of household waste for a small fee at these Bucks County Council household recycling centres (also known as the "tip").

You can find the locations of household recycling centres on My Wycombe:

Organise a private contractor to collect

If you would like to organise your own collection, you can find contractors in the Yellow Pages or by searching the web.

Your legal obligations

You must check that anyone removing their waste is a registered waste carrier. This includes waste removed as part of building work, DIY work and house clearance.

Failure to check is a criminal offence. You can carry out a check by recording the registration number of any vehicle removing waste. This means that if it is later dumped illegally, the perpetrator not you should face prosecution.

Check the Environment Agency's public register of waste carriers (external website) or phone their authorisations team on 03708 506 506.