Book a bulky waste collection
We offer a paid for collection service for large household waste. We can collect up to nine items per booking.
Book your bulky waste collection
Bulky waste collections can be booked and paid for online.
Book a collection
- 1 - 3 items: £50
- 4 - 6 items: £100
- 7 - 9 items: £150
If you are in receipt of income related benefits, a reduced fee is available.
- all items must be presented outside for collection by 07:00 on the specified day of collection
- your booking cannot be amended once your request has been submitted
- if a booking is cancelled after 1pm on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given
Leave your items for collection
Once booked and paid for please leave items outside the property for collection, as the contractors are not insured to enter buildings. Please ensure there is access to the items at all times in this period.
What we will collect
- beds, mattresses
- furniture: sofas, wardrobes, bookcases
- domestic fridges and freezers (please remove all food)
- other domestic electrical items
See a full list of items (external website).
What we cannot collect
Examples of construction and demolition waste from households could include:
- doors and windows
- fitted kitchens
- bathroom fittings
- storage heaters
- fitted wardrobes
- building material such as rubble, concrete, bricks and roof tiles
- soil from landscaping activities
- any other building materials
These items can be disposed of at your local household waste and recycling centre.
Organise a private contractor to collect
If you would like to organise your own collection, you can find contractors in the Yellow Pages or by searching the web.
Your legal obligations
You must check that anyone removing their waste is a registered waste carrier. This includes waste removed as part of building work, DIY work and house clearance.
Failure to check is a criminal offence. You can carry out a check by recording the registration number of any vehicle removing waste. This means that if it is later dumped illegally, the perpetrator not you should face prosecution.
Check the Environment Agency's public register of waste carriers (external website) or phone their authorisations team on 03708 506 506.