Book a bulky waste collection
We offer a paid for collection service for large household waste. We can collect up to nine items per booking.
Book your bulky waste collection
Bulky waste collections can be booked and paid for online.
Please note - Collections from flats cannot currently be booked via the online form. If you live in a flat, please call 01494 586550 to book your bulky collection.
Book a collection
- 1 - 3 items: £50
- 4 - 6 items: £100
- 7 - 9 items: £150
If you are in receipt of income related benefits, a reduced fee is available.
To ensure collection
- Please ensure items are safely and neatly presented at the edge of the property (where your bins would normally be collected) before 7:00 am on the day of collection.
- Items should not be put out before 7pm on the night before your collection.
- When presenting items, please ensure these do not obstruct pedestrians.
- The collection crew will only take the items listed when the booking was made.
- Please note that collection staff will not enter homes, sheds, garages and outbuildings.
- Your booking cannot be changed once your request has been submitted
- If a booking is cancelled after 1pm (13.00) on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given
What we will collect
- beds, mattresses
- furniture: sofas, wardrobes, bookcases
- domestic fridges and freezers (please remove all food)
- other domestic electrical items
See a full list of items (external website).
What we cannot collect
Examples of construction and demolition waste from households could include:
- doors and windows
- fitted kitchens
- bathroom fittings
- storage heaters
- fitted wardrobes
- building material such as rubble, concrete, bricks and roof tiles
- soil from landscaping activities
- any other building materials
These items can be disposed of at your local household waste and recycling centre.
Organise a private contractor to collect
If you would like to organise your own collection, you can find contractors in the Yellow Pages or by searching the web.
Your legal obligations
You must check that anyone removing their waste is a registered waste carrier. This includes waste removed as part of building work, DIY work and house clearance.
Failure to check is a criminal offence. You can carry out a check by recording the registration number of any vehicle removing waste. This means that if it is later dumped illegally, the perpetrator not you should face prosecution.
Check the Environment Agency's public register of waste carriers (external website) or phone their authorisations team on 03708 506 506.