Putting my bin out
When you put your bins out on your bin collection day, please:
- place all waste in the bin or box provided with the lid closed flat and the box lids secured
- put your bins, bags or boxes out at the edge of your property boundary by 7am on collection day
- position your bin or bags and boxes to prevent any obstruction
- ensure collection vehicles have access
- take your bin, bags or boxes back in after collection
- collect your recycling and general rubbish
- provide wheeled bins (or reusable bags) and recycling boxes to all suitable properties (charges may apply)
- resume collections as soon as possible following any disruption to the service
We can make special arrangements where no able-bodied person can put the bin or box out for collection.
Request assisted collection
Please wait until 4pm on the day of collection before reporting a missed collection. Collections may take place at different times each week or there may be traffic problems or other delays.
Please make reports within 2 working days of your collection day.
- See Bin updates: for reported service problems and to report a missed bin collection.
If we don’t empty your bin
If your bin or bag contains an item we can’t recycle then we will not empty it. One item might contaminate a whole load and won’t be accepted at the recycling centre.
Check if we've left a tag on your bin. If your bin is contaminated and you are unable to remove the incorrect items from your recycling container, you can request a contaminated bin collection for a fee.
Request contaminated bin collection