We publish updates about missed collections and your waste and recycling service here.
The garden waste collection service is operating normally.
Advice for residents
- Lighten the load - We know it's been a while since we collected, but please avoid squashing garden waste down and overfilling the bins. Otherwise your bin may become too heavy for our collection vehicle to lift safely.
- Put your bin out early - We may have to change the order we collect bins so the crew may arrive earlier than usual
- Leave them out - The rounds are taking much longer so crews may visit your property later than usual
- Remember we will be back in a fortnight - We will be back again so you can leave some garden waste until next time. Please do not present extra garden waste next to your bin.
- Home Composting - If you have the space and would like to give home composting a try, there is advice and a discount on compost bins available to residents at www.getcomposting.com
Garden waste contract extensions
To compensate subscribers for the garden waste collections that could not be made due to Coronavirus, garden waste contracts in Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe areas (Wycombe 2nd bin subscriptions) will automatically be extended by 2 months. Chiltern residents and Wycombe residents with a 2nd bin will not require new stickers on the bin. Crews will continue to collect garden bins with valid stickers, 2 month's after the expiry date.
Recycling (mixed and paper & card)
The recycling collection service is operating normally.
We will collect a reasonable amount of extra recycling again. Extra recycling should be loose in a re-useable container (we will not collect recyclables in plastic bags), presented neatly alongside the relevant collection containers', and cardboard boxes must be flattened and reduced to a manageable size.
The general rubbish collection service is operating normally.
The food recycling collection service is operating normally.
Advice for residents
Please place food waste in your outdoor food recycling bin (brown bin) and present at your property boundary by 7am on your collection day. You can line your caddy with either a compostable, plastic or newspaper liner. Due to the bank holiday, all collections will be one day later than usual during w/c 25 May.
To find out more about home-composting visit: www.recycleforbuckinghamshire.co.uk/reduce-your-waste/home-composting/
For tips on how you can reduce food you waste, visit: www.recycleforbuckinghamshire.co.uk/reduce-your-waste/love-food-hate-waste/
Medical Waste (including COVID-19 waste)
Sharps and sack collections are occurring as business as usual for residents who already have this service set up. Customers should request collections as they usually do (sharps only).
For information on how to dispose of waste from possible cases of COVID-19 and cleaning of areas where possible cases have been (such as disposable cloths and tissues), visit: COVID-19 waste
The bulky waste collection service is operating normally, however, slots for collections are limited. Bookings can be made online or by calling Customer Service on 01494 586 550.
Following government guidelines on social distancing, our crews will only collect items from the edge of your property boundary. We will not enter any property to collect items. We will not assist in moving items.
To protect our crews, please do not book this service if any persons in your household have diagnosed or suspected Covid-19 symptoms.
Household Recycling Centres (HRCs)
Visit the Household Recycling Centres page for more information.
The bin delivery service is operating normally. Please note that due to high volumes of requests, your delivery may take up to 28 days.
Missed bin collections
Before reporting a missed collection please check the information below.
We have received reports from the following roads where we have been unable to make collections and/or gain access. If your roads are listed below, please do not report a missed bin as we are already aware and aim to rectify this within 48 hours of this update.
Thursday 4 June
- Fawley -Roundhouse Lane
- High Wycombe - Acorn Gardens, Bramley Close, De Havilland Court, Shelburne Road, West End Road, Windrush Drive
- Marlow - Berwick Close, Eliot Drive, Seymour Court Road
- Naphill - Stocking Lane
- Wooburn Green - Compton Road, Orchard Drive, Stratford Drive, Waterside
Wednesday 3 June
- Bourne End – Burnham Close (blocked access - parked cars)
- Fawley - Bosmore Lane
- Hazlemere - Laceys Drive (blocked access - parked cars)
- High Wycombe - Birchwood Close, Grenfell Avenue (blocked access - parked cars), Verney Avenue (blocked access - parked cars), Woodview Close
- Holmer Green - Rookery Meadow
- Hughenden Valley - Boss Lane
- Lane End - Simmons Way
- Marlow - Dukes Place, Sandygate Road
- Tylers Green - Bartons Road, New Road
- Wooburn Green - Boundary Road, Mayfield Road (parked cars), Meare Estate
Tuesday 2 June
- Hazlemere - Ramsay View, Tudor Road
- Holmer Green - Alice Close, The Common
- High Wycombe - Bowerdean Road, Burma Close, California Way, Falcon Rise, Grove Road
- Marlow Bottom - Badgers Way
- West Wycombe - Church Lane
- Wooburn Green - Watery Lane (road closed)
We are sorry for any inconvenience these delays may cause.
Please also check that:
- there are no planned changes to your service: see My bin collection day
- paper and cardboard was in your paper box, not inside your blue recycling bin
- your recycling was loose and not wrapped in plastic bags or bin liners
- the correct container was placed at the edge of your property boundary before 7am there are no scheduled service changes, including bank holidays
- there isn’t a label attached to the bin explaining why it was not collected
Report a missed bin