Pre-application planning advice
New planning advice service from 28 August 2018
We are improving the way we give planning advice. The new planning advice service focuses on finding solutions to planning issues and reducing the risks involved in achieving planning permission.
Early advice and guidance are available from the outset with an initial advice service. Applicants can explore options with planners before incurring substantial project costs. If the project requires it, a follow-on advice service is also available.
Anyone intending to submit a planning application can use the initial advice service by filling in an online form, supplying the necessary supporting information and paying a fee.
For householder developments such as loft conversions or extensions, a case officer will visit the site and meet with the applicant or their agent. For other developments, a case officer will decide if a site visit is needed and whether to meet with the applicant or their agent at the site or the council offices. A written response is given soon after either meeting, which includes a table of issues and potential solutions, together with a summary giving the case officer’s balanced view of the proposal. It also includes a statement of the best way to proceed, which may be to:
- Make a planning application
- Use the follow-on advice service
- Enter a Planning Performance Agreement or
- Withdraw the proposal
Follow-on advice carries additional fees to the initial advice and may include further meetings or workshops, each with written advice. Meetings may include specialist advice on issues such as trees, ecology or urban design.
We welcome feedback on the new planning advice service, which you can provide here email@example.com.
Pre-application planning advice service
This service will no longer be available from 20 August 2018
Before you make a planning application, we recommend that you use our pre-application planning advice service. We can check that you are on the right lines before you apply. This could save you time and money and improve your chances of having your proposal approved.
We offer six levels of pre-application advice depending on the size complexity of a proposal.
- Level 1A - district or town-wide impact (large scale major sites)
- Level 1B - district or town-wide impact (small scale major sites)
- Level 2 - neighbourhood impact (major sites)
- Level 3 - street impact (smaller sites)
- Level 4 - householder development (smaller sites)
- Level 5 - specialist advice (tree, conservation and listed building issues)
We do not charge for advice related solely to the following:
- B1 business - Offices (other than those that fall within A2), research and development of products and processes, light industry appropriate in a residential area.
- B2 general industrial - Use for industrial process other than one falling within class B1 (excluding incineration purposes, chemical treatment or landfill or hazardous waste).
- B8 storage or distribution - This class includes open air storage
Apply for for pre-application advice
Apply for pre-application planning advice
- Complete the form to start the process to discuss a proposed planning application.
- Enclose the relevant fee as set out in the request form, payable by cheque to Wycombe District Council.
- To pay for your enquiry by credit or debit card please leave a contact telephone number on your application form and we will contact you to take payment.
Web form: Planning team