Apply for planning permission
You can apply for planning permission online through the Planning Portal
Apply for planning permission (Planning Portal)
The Planning Portal also allows you to:
- download and print paper copies of application forms (external website)
- create a site location plan (external website) (compulsory for all applications)
- attach supporting documents (such as photographs)
- calculate and pay the application fee (where enabled).
Application to modify or discharge a Section 106 legal Agreement
Submitting a valid planning application
The local list
We have broad powers to request information which we consider necessary in support of planning applications. This is known as the local list.
Ecology wildlife checklist
- Ecology wildlife checklist [PDF | 142KB]: the checklist is used to establish whether or not an ecological survey is required as part of your application.
Design and access statement
- Design and access statements are required for major developments, listed building consent applications and certain developments in conservation areas
- Use the Planning Portal's "Buy a Plan" (external website) service for the required site location plan and block plan
Planning application fees
Validation dispute is a procedure by which an applicant can appeal against non-determination of an application after the statutory time period has passed and no formal validation has taken place.
This means that we cannot make a developer provide information because it is on a local validation list. Applicants , can challenge the need to provide information requested on a local list if they consider the request does not meet the National Planning Policy Framework and planning law.
Community Infrastructure Levy
Planning applications containing additional proposed floorspace of over 100 square metres determined after 1 November 2012 may be liable to Community Infrastructure Levy charges.
Web form: Planning team