Princes Risborough expansion plan
Have your say
Consultation and background documents
This consultation has now closed.
View the background documents on our dedicated consultation page:
As part of consulting on the draft Princes Risborough Expansion Supplementary Planning Document we had organising public events held at the Community Centre, Wades Park / Stratton Road, Princes Risborough HP27 9AX.
- A staffed exhibition
- on Tuesday 25 June 2019 - 3pm to 8pm
- on Tuesday 2 July 2019 - 2pm to 6pm
- A public meeting
- on Tuesday 2 July 2019 - 7:30pm
- on Tuesday 16 July 2019 - 7:30pm
For information showcased at these events, you can also download:
What is proposed?
Our local plan expands Princes Risborough by about 2,500 homes, including affordable housing and a good mix of sizes and types. The expansion will create a local centre close to the new northern primary school, with shops, pubs, community spaces and room for business start-ups.
As well as 2,500 new homes, we're also proposing a number of other developments.
- to help take traffic off the main A4010
- tree planted avenue with pedestrian/cycle path
- road improvements, including a new rail bridge at Summerleys Road and Grove Lane
- to run between the railway station, town centre, expansion area and Longwick
- sports hub with pitches and club house
- home for a rugby club and allotments
- green corridor around the Crowbrook stream for nature conservation and flood management
- off-road walking and cycling routes in wide green lane, and links to the countryside
- open space and play areas
- to be built next to the green spaces and play areas
- a step-free route for walking and cycling through the railway embankment at Wades Park, providing easy access to the town centre
- improvements for pedestrians and cyclists on Mill Lane and Longwick Road
- stepped footbridge near Monks Risborough Station
What will be built when?
- Southern road links, including the Summerley's Road Bridge improvements, will be built by around 250 homes,and the relief road all linked up by half way through the development.
- The first primary school will come on stream at about 500 homes, and the second one at 1,500 homes.
- A new bus service will be provided by half way through the development.
- The new £5m sports hub will be provided by about 800 homes. There will be a separate rugby pitch, and the Molins Sports Ground is also likely to be brought back into use.