Princes Risborough expansion plan
Have your say
Consultation and background documents
We are now consulting on the draft Princes Risborough Expansion Supplementary Planning Document, a planning guidance for the future expansion of the town.
We invite your comments on the consultation draft by 21 July 2019 (11.59 pm).
Find out more and view the background documents on our dedicated consultation page:
As part of consulting on the draft Princes Risborough Expansion Supplementary Planning Document we are organising three public events, held at the Community Centre, Wades Park / Stratton Road, Princes Risborough HP27 9AX.
- A staffed exhibition (no registration required)
- on Tuesday 25 June 2019 - 3pm to 8pm
- on Tuesday 2 July 2019 - 2pm to 6pm
- A public meeting (registration required)
- on Tuesday 2 July 2019 - 7:30pm
- on Tuesday 16 July 2019 - 7:30pm
Register your place - 2 July
Register your place - 16 July
What is proposed?
Our local plan expands Princes Risborough by about 2,500 homes, including affordable housing and a good mix of sizes and types. The expansion will create a local centre close to the new northern primary school, with shops, pubs, community spaces and room for business start-ups.
As well as 2,500 new homes, we're also proposing a number of other developments.
- to help take traffic off the main A4010
- tree planted avenue with pedestrian/cycle path
- road improvements, including a new rail bridge at Summerleys Road and Grove Lane
- to run between the railway station, town centre, expansion area and Longwick
- sports hub with pitches and club house
- home for a rugby club and allotments
- green corridor around the Crowbrook stream for nature conservation and flood management
- off-road walking and cycling routes in wide green lane, and links to the countryside
- open space and play areas
- to be built next to the green spaces and play areas
- a step-free route for walking and cycling through the railway embankment at Wades Park, providing easy access to the town centre
- improvements for pedestrians and cyclists on Mill Lane and Longwick Road
- stepped footbridge near Monks Risborough Station
What will be built when?
- Southern road links, including the Summerley's Road Bridge improvements, will be built by around 250 homes,and the relief road all linked up by half way through the development.
- The first primary school will come on stream at about 500 homes, and the second one at 1,500 homes.
- A new bus service will be provided by half way through the development.
- The new £5m sports hub will be provided by about 800 homes. There will be a separate rugby pitch, and the Molins Sports Ground is also likely to be brought back into use.