Longwick-cum-Ilmer neighbourhood plan
Longwick-cum-Ilmer Parish was designated as a neighbourhood area on 2 March 2015. In August 2017, the Parish Council submitted their neighbourhood plan to us for public consultation.
Following the public consultation, we will submit the Neighbourhood Plan for independent examination. Dependent on the outcome of the examination, the plan will then be subject to a public referendum.
Longwick-cum-Ilmer submission neighbourhood plan documents
The following documents were produced by Longwick-cum-Ilmer Parish Council when they submitted their proposed neighbourhood plan for formal consultation in August 2017.
Longwick-cum-Ilmer neighbourhood plan: schedule of evidence
Longwick-cum-Ilmer Parish Council listed the following documents as evidence supporting their neighbourhood plan when it was submitted to us in August 2017.
- An assessment of current and future sustainability, Land north west of Barn Road, Longwick, June 2015 [PDF | 1.37 MB]
- Buckinghamshire County Council letter on sustainable transport issues, 6 May 2015 [PDF | 51KB]
- Horsenden conservation area character survey [PDF | 1.27MB]
- Ilmer conservation area conservation area character survey [PDF | 1.0MB]
- Meadle conservation area character survey [PDF | 1.0MB]
- Owlswick conservation area character survey [PDF | 1.0MB]
- Wycombe five year housing land supply statement: December 2016 [PDF | 943KB]
- Bucks Housing and Economic development needs assessment update 2016 [PDF | 3.22MB]
- Bucks Housing and Economic development needs assessment update 2016 appendices [PDF | 1.59MB]
- Longwick public consultation workshop: issues report, October 2014 [PDF | 492KB]
- Longwick village capacity study, February 2015 [PDF | 2.0MB]
- Longwick-cum-Ilmer community led visual impact assessment, February 2017 [PDF | 2.51MB]
- Wycombe district Local Plan: options consultation feedback report, October 2014 [PDF | 1.0MB] (NW3 Longwick is of particular interest)
- Draft new local plan for the Wycombe district, June 2016 [PDF | 10.74MB]
- Princes Risborough Draft Town Plan consultation document, February 2016 [PDF | 5.66MB]
- Wycombe district strategic housing market assessment, draft, January 2014 [PDF | 4.0MB]
- Wycombe district strategic housing land availability assessment: interim report, February 2014 [PDF | 575KB]
- Wycombe district viability assessment, February 2015 [PDF | 1.0MB]
Longwick-cum-Ilmer neighbourhood plan: previous stages
Withdrawn Longwick-cum-Ilmer neighbourhood plan 2015
Longwick-cum-Ilmer Parish Council submitted a proposed neighbourhood plan to us in June 2015, which was subject to a consultation between 8 June and 21 July 2015. Following this consultation, the plan was submitted for independent examination in December 2015.
The examiner, Mr Nigel McGurk, made recommendations which removed the 2015 neighbourhood plan's limit to development outside of the settlement boundary and severely restricted the ability to control where and how development should take place. He also removed the need for sustainable transport to be provided before new development takes place.
We took a view that these recommendations, if accepted, would not achieve sustainable development. For this reason, at their meeting on 24 February 2016, Longwick-cum-Ilmer withdrew the 2015 version of their neighbourhood plan, meaning that the neighbourhood plan and the examiner's report does not hold any material weight in the decision process for assessing planning applications.