Alscot conservation area
Alscot is a tiny and secluded hamlet lying two miles north west of Princes Risborough. It lies on gently undulating land, close to the main road which links Princes Risborough with Thame. Some distance to the east lies the scarp of the Chiltern Hills. Much of the area is hidden from view. In terms of settlement pattern it is a tiny and loose-knit collection of buildings that grew from a single farmstead. It comprises a graceful Regency House, Alscot Lodge, which dates from 1838.
Alscot Farm House and a number of associated buildings (barns, a dairy, coach house and stable block) were originally associated with the main house. Many of these have been converted into residential properties. There are six listed buildings within the conservation area dating from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. The buildings are mostly rustic and vernacular in style, and tied together by the extensive use of flint and brick walling. Traditional materials predominate and blend with the countryside backdrop.
There are six listed buildings in this conservation area.
The Alscot conservation area character appraisal was reviewed in January 2017, and the boundaries of the conservation area were formally revised.