Street naming and numbering

We allocate postal addresses within the Wycombe district. This includes commercial and domestic developments and house name changes.

We liaise with the Royal Mail and notify all emergency services and utility providers.

Please note that while we notify Land Registry of property name changes, they will only amend their internal records and not the land register. The property owner must apply directly to Land Registry (external website) for this change and there may be an addition fee payable to Land Registry. 

Apply to change your house name

You should either own the property or have permission from your landlord before you can apply.

For house name changes, please complete the house name change application form [PDF | 96KB] and email back to us or send with your payment to:

Building Control
Wycombe District Council
Queen Victoria Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP11 1BB


Once we have received your form, you may pay by credit or debit card over the phone or by paying online.

New developments

We consult ward councillors and parish councils about names for the buildings and streets of all new developments. If you have any concerns regarding development names, you should contact your councillor.


Please pay when you submit your house name changes application. For street naming and numbering charges, see planning and building control services and fees.

Contact information

Planning and building control opening hours and contact information