Building control service customer care
We aim to deliver an excellent service reflected by our quality management system certification.
Policy for standards of equality
Our aim is to work together effectively for fairness within our working environment and in the services we deliver, as we are committed to equality.
We believe that service delivery will be more successful when we work closely with all members of the community we serve. We intend to continue to develop methods based upon achieving equality in all areas of our work.
We provide a mandatory regulatory service and are responsible for the following:
- pre-application advice
- building regulation applications
- building regulation site inspections
- co-ordination of street naming and numbering
- control of dangerous structures
- control of demolitions
- access for people with disabilities
- building regulation enforcement of unauthorised works
Our aim is to prevent discrimination of any kind and to promote equality opportunities within the service we provide.
Anti-discriminatory practice in building control
Within our building control team, we ensure that we maintain an anti-discriminatory practice according to the following working practices:
- we believe that tackling the cause of inequality is better than dealing with the consequences
- we are committed to responding to the needs and rights of all members of the community
- we are prepared to confront discriminators with the consequences of their actions and behaviours
We will deal with every complaint of discrimination seriously and urgently. Please send letters addressed to:
Head of Planning and Sustainability
Wycombe District Council
Queen Victoria Road
Comments or complaints about our service
If you have any comments or suggestions about the service or wish to raise a concern or complaint, you can speak to any member of our team on the details above. Alternatively, you can ask to speak to the Building Control Manager.
Building control performance
- Building control newsletter June 2018 [PDF | 470KB]
- Building control performance indicators April 2018 - June 2018
- Building control performance indicators 2017 to 2018 [PDF | 150KB]
Planning and building control opening hours and contact information