The Blue Badge scheme offers parking concessions for disabled people.
How to apply for a Blue Badge
The local Blue Badge scheme is run by Buckinghamshire County Council (Bucks CC).
Parking for Blue Badge holders
Pay and display car parks
Blue Badge holders can park free of charge in any marked disabled bay or any other unmarked bay in our pay and display car parks. You must clearly display your blue badge and time clock (set to time of arrival) and follow any time limit restrictions. There is no need to register to park free of charge in pay and display car parks.
Camera controlled (ANPR) car parks
We operate an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system in Easton Street and Wycombe Swan car parks. Blue Badge holders will need to register with parking services in order to be able to park free of charge in these two car parks. There is no charge for registration.
Register your Blue Badge with WDC
The easiest way to apply is online. You can also download and send us a paper form: ANPR Blue Badge application form [Word | 147KB]
You can register one vehicle for each Blue Badge. If the badgeholder is in that vehicle, the car can drive in and out of the car park without charge; you don't need to use the pay station. You must pay in the normal way if the badgeholder is not in the car.
We will provide a bar-coded card for use when the badgeholder is in an unregistered vehicle. Enter the registration at the pay station in the normal way prior to exit, follow the instructions, and scan the bar-coded card when asked if you have a voucher. This removes any fees incurred.
- registration lapses when the Blue Badge expires (renewal forms are available upon request)
- only one vehicle may be parked free of charge at any one time
- payment for parking is required if the badge is not registered
Terms and conditions
Any changes to the process or terms and conditions of use will be displayed in each car park.
- The disabled badgeholder must be present in the car to use the concession.
- If parked in a dedicated disabled bay, you must clearly display a valid Blue Badge and parking clock set to the time of arrival.
- You must tell us immediately in writing (or by email) if any changes are made in respect of either your Blue Badge or registered vehicle.
- You must tell us if the bar-coded card is lost or stolen. We will consider issuing a replacement, which may be subject to an administration charge.
We may issue a Penalty Charge Notice if:
- the Blue Badge displayed is out of date
- the issue details on a Blue Badge cannot be verified from outside the vehicle
- it appears that the Blue Badge is being misused: this could result in this concession being removed and details of the Blue Badge being passed to the issuing authority for further investigation
- the vehicle is parked in breach of regulations that apply to the car park, as detailed on the notice board
See Blue Badge rights and responsibilities on GOV.UK for further information or contact the authority that issued your badge.
All vehicles need to park within the bay markings. If you are not able to park within a bay then alternative parking arrangements would need to be made.
If parking in Marlow, there are two 'coach' bays in Pound Lane car park in Marlow that can be used by coaches or minibuses and would be suitable for use by minibuses with a tail lift.
Shopmobility (external website) is a registered charity and independent scheme offering the free loan of manual and powered wheelchairs, or electric scooters during your visit to High Wycombe town centre.