Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Apply for benefits

From 1 April 2020 any Housing Benefit payments you receive will be referenced BC (Wycombe) on your bank statements.

These instructions are for:

  • housing benefit claims
  • council tax reduction claims

Apply for benefits now

Before you start

To save time filling out the form, make sure you have all your documents in front of you:

  • wage-slips
  • savings amounts
  • tenancy details
  • other documents

Before we can pay you any benefit you must provide original evidence. Details of what you need to supply are given on the check list at the end of completing the form. If you are unable to print this list off please make sure you make a note of what it is that is needed.

Please note that any delay in supplying the requested evidence may hold up us processing your claim.

Filling in the benefit claim form

Make sure you enter your email address so we can send you a receipt. The receipt confirms that your claim has been submitted correctly and helps us investigate if you have a query about your claim.

The form is in several pages. It will take a few seconds to respond when you enter details.

You can save the form and come back to it later:

  • complete the screen you are on
  • click "Continue" then click "Exit/Save" button

To delete an answer:

  • click in the answer box (make sure you are in the answer box or the form may go back one page)
  • then delete the answer

Don't use your browser's "Back" button. You may lose any answers you've completed.

To change an answer:

  • click on "View/Change Answers" button on the bottom left-hand side of the screen

Take your time and read and fully complete each screen before you move on.

Help with the form

If you think you are entitled to housing benefit or council tax reduction and are having difficulty filling in the application form one of our visiting officers can come and visit you in your home to fill in the benefit form with you. This means we get all the information we need to process your claim and you will get your benefit much quicker.

If your circumstances change

If you make or have already made a claim for housing benefit or council tax reduction, you must let us know if any of the information included in your claim has changed: for example, your earnings have change or you’ve moved home.

Contact information

  • Telephone: 01494 412 227