Report anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is:

behaviour which is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more person not in the same household as the perpetrator

It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.

How to report anti-social behaviour

Who you report to depends on the nature of the anti-social behaviour. If in doubt, contact us.

Contact us

Anti-social behaviour report form

Use the form to report an isolated or on-going incident, or to seek help and advice. Alternatively, phone us on 01494 421 087.

Contact Thames Valley Police

Please call Thames Valley Police if you feel the matter is serious and needs direct attention or involves people at risk.

  • Non-emergency incidents: 101
  • Emergency incidents: 999

Fill in an incident log sheet

When reporting an incident of anti-social behaviour it helps if you can provide as much information as possible so we can help to resolve the situation. You can record any information relating to a person or persons whose behaviour is causing you alarm, harassment or distress in an incident log-sheet.

Your details will be kept confidential and only those agencies that need to be involved will be made aware. The log sheets may be used for enforcement or court action, but this will be discussed fully with you before any decision is made or action taken.

Community Trigger

The Community Trigger allows victims of frequent anti-social behaviour to request a review of their case. Once the Community Trigger has been requested, the relevant agencies (which many include us, the police, health providers and/or social housing) will work together to decide whether further action can be taken to resolve the issue.

The Community Trigger is not for making a complaint or reporting anti-social behaviour. To report an anti-social behaviour incident, please see above. If you want to make a complaint about how an organisation has dealt with your case, contact them directly.

When should I use the Community Trigger?

The Community Trigger can be used when either:

  • three reports of anti-social behaviour have been made to the council, police or registered social landlord about the same issue in the last six months, and you feel no action has been taken; or
  • five individuals have separately reported the same issue in the last six months and feel no action has been taken.

How to request a Community Trigger

  • See The Community Trigger [PDF | 307kB]: complete the form and return to the freepost address on the form

Who else can you contact?

Mistreatment of vulnerable adults or children

If you have concerns contact Buckinghamshire County Council to seek advice.

For adults:

For children:

Victim Support

Victim Support is an independent charity that offers free, confidential support and information.

Environmental issues

Report environmental issues such as flytipping or abandoned vehicles to our Waste team.

Registered social landlords (housing associations)

If you are a housing association tenant, or you would like to make a complaint about a housing association tenant, then you can report the anti-social behaviour directly to them:

  • Red Kite Community Housing - 01494 476100
  • Buckinghamshire Housing Association - 01494 480340
  • Catalyst Housing - 0300 456 2099
  • Guinness Partnership - 0300 011 1321
  • Home Group - 0345 141 4663
  • Housing Solutions - 0800 876 6060
  • L&Q Group - 0800 015 6536
  • Paradigm Housing - 0300 303 1010
  • Radian Housing - 0800 145 6663
  • Thames Valley Housing Association - 020 8607 0607

Isolated incidents

If it is an isolated occurrence of anti-social behaviour, then consider talking to the person involved, but not when you are angry or upset. With many minor issues, people do not realise the problems they are causing. A calm and honest discussion between the parties involved can often resolve a problem. People do make mistakes and it may never happen again. Speak to the person as you would expect to be spoken to and try not to make things worse. They might not know or might not realise what they have done.

Neighbour disputes - using a mediation service

If it is a neighbour dispute consider using Mediation Buckinghamshire. Mediators are trained volunteers from the local community who work with community problems.

Excessive noise or public health issues

Contact our Environmental Services team.


To report any issues concerning your neighbours' dogs, contact our dog warden.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential, fair and independent advice. They also have a contract with the Legal Service Commission to provide legal help in benefits, housing and debt. You can visit the Citizens Advice Bureau national website using the link below.

  • Phone: 0344 245 1289

Parish and town councils

Your local parish or town council also have a duty to tackle anti-social behaviour. You can speak to them about the anti-social behaviour you are experiencing.