Nightsafe is a programme of education, communication and partnership working to tackle the complex issues around having a safe night out, for the benefit of everyone who lives, works, and socialises in Wycombe. Nightsafe involves an intensive action plan which has been launched this Spring to reduce alcohol related crime and disorder and improve the quality of life for residents and visitors alike.
What does Nightsafe seek to achieve?
- Nightsafe seeks to let people know that disorderly behaviour is not acceptable in Wycombe, reassuring others that something is being done - including police enforcement where necessary.
- To reduce incidents of alcohol related violence and disorder.
- To increase public confidence and improve feelings of safety, by all related agencies working together in partnership.
- To build on the positive work and behaviour of most young people, encouraging everyone to make respecting themselves and others a greater consideration.
- To improve the Nighttime economy within the district's towns.
Who is involved in Nightsafe?
Key agencies involved include
- Wycombe District Council
- Thames Valley Police
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Wycombe Watch
- Trading Standards
- Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Bucks Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAATs)
- NHS Buckinghamshire
- our local licensees.