Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Report anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is: behaviour that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more person not in the same household as the perpetrator. It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.

Who you report to depends on the nature of the anti-social behaviour. If in doubt, contact us.

Anti-social behaviour report form

Please use the form to report an isolated or on-going incident, or to seek help and advice. Alternatively, phone us on 01494 421 087.

When reporting an incident of anti-social behaviour it helps if you can provide as much information as possible, so we can help to resolve the situation. You can record any information relating to a person or persons whose behaviour is causing you alarm, harassment or distress on the anti-social behaviour report form.

Your details will be kept confidential and only those agencies that need to be involved will be made aware. The report may be used as evidence for enforcement or court action but this will be discussed fully with you before any decision is made or action taken.

If you are a victim of frequent anti-social behaviour you can use the Community Trigger to request a review of your case.

Isolated incidents

If it is an isolated occurrence of anti-social behaviour, then consider talking to the person involved, but not when you are angry or upset. With many minor issues, people do not realise the problems they are causing. A calm and honest discussion between the parties involved can often resolve a problem. People do make mistakes and it may never happen again. Speak to the person as you would expect to be spoken to and try not to make things worse. They might not know or might not realise what they have done.

Contact Thames Valley Police

Please call Thames Valley Police if you feel the matter is serious and needs direct attention or involves people at risk.

  • Non-emergency incidents: 101
  • Emergency incidents: 999

Mistreatment of vulnerable adults or children

If you have concerns, contact Buckinghamshire Council to seek advice.

For adults:

For children:

Please see our Safeguarding pages for further guidance and advice.

Excessive noise or public health issues

Contact our Environmental Services team.

Environmental issues

Report environmental issues such as flytipping or abandoned vehicles to our waste team.

Neighbour disputes: using a mediation service

If it is a neighbour dispute consider using Mediation Buckinghamshire. Mediators are trained volunteers from the local community who work with community problems.


To report any issues concerning your neighbours' dogs, contact our dog warden.

  • Phone: 03444 828 342 (calls to this number are at standard rate and mobile friendly)

Victims First

Victims First supports victims of crime across the Thames Valley.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential, fair and independent advice. They also have a contract with the Legal Service Commission to provide legal help in benefits, housing and debt.

Parish and town councils

Your local parish or town council also have a duty to tackle anti-social behaviour. You can speak to them about the anti-social behaviour you are experiencing.

Registered social landlords (housing associations)

If you are a housing association tenant, or you would like to make a complaint about a housing association tenant, then you can report the anti-social behaviour directly to them:

  • Red Kite Community Housing - 01494 476100
  • Buckinghamshire Housing Association - 01494 480340
  • Catalyst Housing - 0300 456 2099
  • Guinness Partnership - 0300 011 1321
  • Home Group - 0345 141 4663
  • Housing Solutions - 0800 876 6060
  • L&Q Group - 0800 015 6536
  • Paradigm Housing - 0300 303 1010
  • Radian Housing - 0800 145 6663
  • Thames Valley Housing Association - 020 8607 0607 

 Community safety privacy notice

As a Data Controller and competent authority, Buckinghamshire Council collects personal data and sensitive personal data for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security.

Processing of such personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for the law enforcement purpose by a competent authority and in relation to sensitive personal data is strictly necessary for the law enforcement purpose and meets one of the further requirements in Schedule 8 of the Data Protection Act 2018, namely that it is necessary for the exercise of a function conferred on a person by enactment and reasons of substantial public interest.  

1. Our policy is to destroy such personal data 6 years after the conclusion of a case.

2. We will share your personal data , if appropriate, with third parties, including:

  • Thames Valley Police
  • Bucks Fire and Rescue Service
  • Registered Social Landlords
  • Thames Valley Community Rehabilitation Company
  • Thames Valley Probation
  • South Central Ambulance Service
  • Clinical Commissioning Group
  • NHS
  • Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards
  • Addiction support agencies

3. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB or email

4. Read our full privacy policy for additional information on how we collect and use your personal data.