Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Street trading licences

If you wish to trade from the street in the Wycombe district, you must get a consent (licence) from us.

Consent requirements

  • You must comply with any conditions attached to a consent
  • You must have reached school leaver's age and be an individual
  • The street you wish to trade on must be a street designated to allow street trading

Consent application fee

The street trading consent application fee is £144.

Apply for a consent

You can pay and apply for a consent (licence) online at GOV.UK:

Alternatively, you can download:

Applications must include:

  • the name, address and date of birth of the applicant
  • the street and location of the pitch or the areas the applicant wishes to trade (include a map)
  • the days and times they wish to trade
  • descriptions of articles, things or services intended to be traded and any item that will be used in connection with the trading
  • written permission of the landowner if on private land

Application fees are subject to consultation with relevant agencies and the local community.

Does tacit consent apply?

No. We must process your application before it can be granted.


The legislation covering street trading consents is the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.

Failed application or licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

If you wish to appeal our decision you may appeal to High Wycombe Magistrates' Court (Law Courts, Easton Street, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1LR, phone: 01494 651 017 email: within 21 days of the date you were notified of the decision.

You may appeal the decision of the Magistrates' Court to Aylesbury Crown Court.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice (see link below). From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre (see link below).


For information on how environmental services collects, processes and shares your information, please read our privacy policy.