Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Cooling tower registration

Operators of wet cooling towers and evaporative condensers must register these with us.

Register a cooling tower

You can apply to register or change a registration online on the GOV.UK website:

Alternatively, you can download a form. There is no registration fee.

Cooling towers and evaporative condensers notification form [PDF | 106KB]


The legislation covering this area is the Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992.

Failed application redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).

If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, you can get advice from Consumer Direct (external website).

From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre (external website).

Latest data

Data format

The data is published in Excel format for ease of viewing. We also publish in csv format, for ease of sorting and aggregating.

See Transparency and open data to find out more about file formats.

open government licenceThis data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.

Questions about the data

If you have any questions about the data, email We aim to respond to enquiries within ten working days.