Dog breeding establishment licences
Any person who keeps a dog breeding establishment must have a licence. This requirement applies where:
- a person who during a 12 month period keeps a bitch at a premises
- that bitch has a litter of puppies during that time period
- a total of four or more litters are born to bitches kept by the applicant or other persons on behalf of the applicant including relatives during this period
Apply for a licence
Please complete and return to us with the application fee of £339.
- The accommodation for the dogs will be suitable in respect of construction, size of quarters, number of occupants, exercising facilities, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness
- Dogs will be adequately supplied with suitable food, drink and bedding materials, adequately exercised and (so far as necessary) visited at suitable intervals
- That all reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent the spread of infectious or contagious disease
- That appropriate steps will be taken for the protection of the dogs in case of fire or other emergency
- Dogs will be provided with suitable food, drink, bedding material and are adequately exercised when being transported to or from the breeding establishment
- That bitches are not mated if they are less than one year old
- That bitches do not give birth to more than six litters of puppies each
- That bitches do not give birth to puppies before the end of the period of 12 months beginning with the day on which they last gave birth to puppies
- That accurate records in a form prescribed by regulations are kept at the premises and made available for inspection there by any officer of the local authority or any veterinary surgeon or veterinary practitioner, authorised by the local authority to inspect the premises
We will specify such conditions in the licence that appear necessary to meet the licence requirements.
The legislation covering this area is:
- Breeding of Dogs Act 1973
- Breeding of Dogs Act 1991
- Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999
What is this data
This register lists all dog breeding establishments registered in the Wycombe district. We publish this data annually.
This data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.