Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Animal licences

We are responsible for animal licensing in the Wycombe district. Please see the following pages for more information on specific licenses and the new animal licensing regulations. 

Contact information

Contact the commercial licensing team on 01296 585 605.


  1. Animal licensing
    The Animal Welfare Act 2006 requires those carrying on the following licensable activities to acquire a licence under the the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018: selling animals as pets, providing or arranging for the provision of boarding for cats or dogs (including day care), hiring out horses, breeding dogs, or keeping or training animals for exhibition.
  2. Dangerous wild animal licences
    Anyone who owns an animal specified in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 must have an appropriate licence. Procedure for applying for a dangerous wild animal licence.
  3. Zoo licences
    Anyone who keeps an establishment where wild animals as defined in the Zoo Licensing Act 1981 are kept for exhibition to the public must have a zoo licence.