Skip to content

We use first and third-party cookies to provide and improve our services online. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. How to manage cookies

Alcohol and entertainment licences

Under the Licensing Act 2003, any of the following "licensable activities" will require a licence:

  • the sale of alcohol
  • the supply of alcohol to members of registered clubs and their guests
  • the provision of "regulated entertainment" to the public, or to club members or their guests. Includes plays, films, indoor sporting events, live music, recorded music (other than background music), dance and providing music making or dancing facilities
  • the supply of hot food or drink between the hours of 11pm and 5am, for consumption on or off the premises (including mobile food vans)

Licensable activities can be authorised by either a premises licence or by a temporary event notice (for short term events).

Contact information

  • Telephone: 01494 421 346 or 01494 421 222