Economic development and our Corporate Plan
We place a high priority on economic development while making sure our involvement complements, rather than duplicates, activities delivered by other organisations. Our Current Corporate Plan 2015-2019, alongside any other work programmes, sets out our ambitions which include facilitating opportunities for business growth and job creation.
The Plan will help us work with others to retain and generate jobs in the district for local people while helping new businesses to develop and become sustainable.
Some of our current workstreams include:
- Market and promote our district to help attract inward investment and boost the visitor economy.
- Pursue appropriate inward investment opportunities such as the Public Sector Hub in High Wycombe town centre.
- Support small businesses to grow through managed workspace provision such as Grange Farm and work with others to explore provision of starter units / incubator space.
- Use our Regeneration Fund to acquire property interests to facilitate regeneration and bring empty properties back in to use.
- Support Support High Wycombe Business Improvement District HWBIDCo through its re-ballot in 2017
- Continue to support the extended Connected Counties programme to roll-out of superfast broadband in our rural areas.
- Support the Globe Park BID in Marlow and investigate off-street parking options for Globe Business Park.
We recognise that it is necessary to be able to respond to opportunities as they arise, and the Plan will therefore be kept flexible and under constant review during its lifetime. In June each year we publish our annual report which sets out our progress against our priorities.
Read about our Corporate Plan