Senior staff salaries
We publish this data every twelve months - usually around June or July - to cover the previous financial year. Our financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
You can view current and historical senior salary information on DataShare, our home for open data.
What is this data?
Senior staff salaries and senior salary count shows details of the number of Wycombe District Council employees with a full-time equivalent (FTE) salary of at least £50,000 a year. For a full-time employee FTE salary equals their salary; for a part-time employee their salary will be a proportion of the FTE salary.
The pay multiple is defined as the the ratio between the highest paid taxable earnings and the median salary of the whole of the authority's workforce.
The data is taken from our internal personnel records.
The dataset contains the following fields:
- Job title: job title of the individual
- Name: name only applies for officers earning over £150,000, or in the top three tiers of management
- Directorate: the directorate/department within the council that the individual heads or works
- Salary amount: total pay in salary (£5,000 bands), fees or allowances for period
- Employee pension contribution: how much, annually, the council contributes towards the individual's pension
- Bonus value: the value of the individual's bonus
- Expense allowance value: the total value of expenses subject to income tax
- Loss of office compensation value: the total value payments received by the person in connection with the termination of their employment by the council
- Benefits in kind value: the total value of benefits in kind to which the individual is entitled
- Bonus details: list of bonus details
- Benefits details: list of benefit details
- Responsibilities: list of individual's responsibilities
- Revenue budget: net revenue budget for income and expenditure budgets
- Major projects budget: separate budget for large projects run by the council
- Employee count: the number of staff this person is responsible for
See Our management for senior staff job descriptions.
Pay policy statement
We publish our data in Excel format for accessibility and csv and xml format on DataShare for ease of sorting and aggregating.
See Transparency and open data to find out more about file formats.
This data is licensed under an Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.
Questions about the data
If you have any questions about the data, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to enquires within ten working days.