Public health funerals
This expenditure information is also held on DataShare, our home for open data.
This information is updated every three months.
What is this data
Public health funerals, also known as local authority or pauper's funerals, are funerals arranged by the local authority for those who have died or been found dead where there is no known relatives to arrange or pay for their funeral; or have relatives who do not want to, or are unable to arrange or pay for their funeral.
We have a statutory duty under section 46 of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 to make arrangements for such funerals for deaths within the Wycombe area.
This dataset lists details of all public health funerals held in the Wycombe area. We have removed any personal data as required by the Data Protection Act.
The dataset contains the following fields:
- Organisation URI: a unique code to identify an organisation
- Organisation: name of organisation
- Effective date: publication date of dataset
- Name of deceased: the name of the deceased
- Date of birth: date of birth of the deceased
- Date of death: date of death of the deceased
- Address: last known address of the deceased
- Date of funeral: date of deceased's funeral
- Value of estate: value of deceased's estate, if known
- Passed to treasury solicitor: was the deceased's information been passed on to the treasury solicitor
- Date sent: the date the information was passed on to treasury solicitor
The data is published in excel format for ease of viewing. We also publish in csv format on DataShare, our home for open data, for ease of sorting and aggregating.
See Transparency and open data to find out more about file formats.
This data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.
Questions about the data
If you have any questions about the data, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to enquiries within ten working days.