Fraud prevention data
We update this information on an annual basis, in June. Historical expenditure information is held on DataShare (external), our home for open data.
What is this data?
The dataset contains the following fields:
- Effective date: publication date - information for the previous financial year (April to March)
- Total occasions fraud powers: number of times we have used our powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers
- FTE fraud employees count: total full time equivalent numbers of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud (full time equivalent equals 37 hours a week)
- FTE fraud specialist count: total full time equivalent numbers of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
- Fraud spent amount: total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud
- Total identified fraud: total number of occasions on which fraud was identified
- Value fraud: total monetary value of the fraud that was detected
The data is published in pdf format for ease of viewing and printing. We also publish in csv format on DataShare, our home for open data, for ease of sorting and aggregating. To find out more about this file formats, see our open data page.
This data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.
Questions about the data
If you have any questions about the data, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org