Council asset register
The register is updated twice a year. Historical expenditure information is held on DataShare, our home for open data.
What is this data?
The council asset register identifies land and property that we own.
The dataset includes the following fields:
- effective date: the date at which the information provided is true
- unique property identification number (UPRN)
- unique asset identifier: unique code describing the property
- address (name of building, street name, post town, UK postcode)
- asset category: operational or non-operational ("operational" means assets held for service delivery and not held for income or capital gain purposes)
- type of tenure: freehold (F/H) or leasehold (L/H)
- tenure detail: tenure arrangements for the asset
- purpose: the reason for holding the asset
The data is published in Excel and csv format. NB the UPRN field in the csv version does not display correctly due to the conversion process. To see the UPRN number in this version, please do the following:
- select the column
- right click and select Format cells > Number and 0 decimal places.
See Transparency and open data to find out more about file formats.
This data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (external website). That means you are free to download and re-use the data.
Questions about the data
If you have any questions about the data, please email them to email@example.com.