Parking privacy notice
Parking officers (also known as civil enforcement officers or CEOs) are identifiable by their shoulder identification numbers. Their role is to assist the public and enforce the parking regulations.
They will take photographs of vehicles whilst under observation as part of gathering information. We may use these photographs if an officer issues a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Photographs are then either:
- added onto the case file for supporting evidence, or
- if photographs are not required (when a contravention does not materialise) then they are deleted
- Please note that whilst processing a parking ticket, we may ask DVLA for details of a vehicle's registered keeper.
- As a Data Controller Wycombe District Council collects vehicle registration numbers, names and addresses of drivers/ vehicle owners for the purposes of parking management and enforcement
- Such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject and/or the performance of a task carried out in the public interest under parking legislation
- Our policy is to destroy such personal data two years after the case has closed
- We will share your personal data, if appropriate, with bailiff or debt collection agencies employed by the council as well as tribunals or courts
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB or email email@example.com