Cemeteries privacy notice
This privacy notice explains how the Cemeteries team (the Data Controller) will use any personal information we collect about you when you use our services.
What information do we collect about you?
The information that the Council collects varies depending on how you use the Council’s services. We collect your personal information so that we can carry out a function we are required by law to carry out. In this case we collect personal information for the purposes of carrying out work relating to the cemeteries such as interment forms, memorial applications, transferring exclusive right of burial (EROB).
If you’re providing us with special category personal information we will process this under Art. 9(2).
How will we use the information about you?
- We use the information to process your application.
- We may share the information with other departments at the Council to enable us to deal with burials, memorial applications and grave transfers. We will only share the information to enable us to deal with this matter.
- We will not share the personal information we hold with any external organisations except:
- internment and memorial applications which we share with funeral directors and memorial masons
- burial registers' details of the deceased, which are available to the public (no other personal data is shared)
- We may also share your personal data where necessary with partner organisations, including the police, internal audit or similar agency, or another council for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud where sharing your data is necessary to deal with your matter. We will ensure that all personal information is kept securely.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF or email email@example.com.