Filming in Wycombe district
Wycombe district has a proud history of providing the setting for films and television programmes and we hope that this tradition will continue. To film at locations in Wycombe you need to get permission from the appropriate organisations.
Useful contacts for filming in the Wycombe district
Buckinghamshire County Council
If you wish to film on public roads and/or paths, or if your filming may affect them, you need to contact Buckinghamshire County Council.
Phone: 0845 230 2882
Thames Valley Police
Depending on the nature of your filming request, you may need to liaise with Thames Valley Police's press office.
Phone: 0845 8 505 505 (non-emergency number)
Town or parish councils
In some instances the relevant town or parish council may also need to be approached. View information about Wycombe district parish councils.
Useful contacts at Wycombe District Council
Please download and complete an Application to film [Word | 113KB] and return it to the relevant contact at Wycombe District Council. If you are a student, you will need to complete a Student application to film [PDF | 114KB].
If you are interested in using one of our off-street or multi-storey car parks as a location or for parking vehicles involved with the production, contact us for more information.
Phone: 01494 421 417
If you are interested in using one of our properties, please contact us for more information.
Parks and open spaces
If you are interested in using one of our parks, recreation grounds or open spaces such as The Rye or Higginson Park, please contact us for more information.
Phone: 01494 421 878
Other filming requests
For other, Wycombe District Council related filming enquiries, please contact the Communications department.
Phone: 01494 421 207, 01494 421 557
Post: Film office, Communications, Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 1BB.
Films and television programmes made locally
The following films and television programmes were filmed in the Wycombe district.
- Effie Gray (2014, director: Richard Laxton)
- The Counselor (2013, director: Ridley Scott)
- The World's End (2013, director: Edgar Wright)
- X-Men First Class (2011, director: Matthew Vaughn)
- The Duchess (2008, director: Saul Dibb)
- Separate Lies (2005, director: Julian Fellows)
- Nanny McPhee (2005, director: Kirk Jones)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005, director: Tim Burton)
- Johnny English (2003, director: Peter Howitt)
- Importance of Being Earnest (2002, director: Oliver Parker)
- The House of Mirth (2000, director: Terence Davies)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999, director: Tim Burton)
- The Avengers (1998, director: Jeremiah S. Chechik)
- A Month in the Country (1987, director: Pat O'Connor)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969, director: Peter R Hunt)
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968, director: Ken Hughes)
- Thunderbird 6 (1968, director: David Lane)
- Importance of Being Earnest (1951, director: Anthony Asquith)
- Black Mirror: The Waldo Moment (2013)
- The Town (2012)
- Cranford (2007)
- Three Men in a Boat (2006)
- Miss Marple (2004-)
- Midsomer Murders (1997-)
- The Vicar of Dibley (1994-2007)
- Inspector Morse (1987-2000)
- Fawlty Towers (1975)
- Telephone: 01494 421 625; 01494 421 557 or 01494 421 230