How we will deal with your complaint
All complaints will be investigated thoroughly and fairly. We aim to acknowledge all correspondence within three working days and fully respond within ten. If the matter is complicated, we may need longer to fully investigate. We will tell you if more time is required.
The manager involved may also bring your comments or complaints to their team meeting to be reviewed.
Here is the complaints procedure:
- Contact the feedback team via email@example.com who will refer the matter to the manager of the service concerned. If you are unhappy with their stage 1 response -
- Contact the feedback team via firstname.lastname@example.org who will refer the matter to the relevant head of service. They will either investigate or appoint another person to investigate and respond to your complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with the head of service's response, you may want to contact the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is unlikely to consider your complaint unless it has been fully investigated by us first (to head of service level) and we have responded to you.
Local Government Ombudsman
The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) is an independent body appointed to review the actions taken by councils.
To contact the Ombudsman:
- Telephone: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, 0845 602 1983
- Address: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
- Web: How to make a complaint (external website)
- Text: 0762 480 4323