Consultation: Householder Planning & Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document
We are now running a six-week consultation on the draft Householder Planning & Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document, a planning guidance document to help householders when considering extending or altering their home.
We invite your comments on the consultation draft by 22 November 2019 (11.59 pm).
A consultation event will be held on Thursday 7 November in support of the consultation.
11 October 2019
22 November 2019
The Wycombe District Local Plan was adopted on 19 August 2019. This Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) provides detailed guidance to assist applicants with achieving the design quality required by Policy DM35: Placemaking and Design Quality of the Wycombe District Local Plan.
This SPD will, once adopted, form a material consideration which will be used to inform any planning applications that come forward relating to householder planning applications. It will be taken into account by the Council when determining these applications.
The SPD covers most types of householder development and specifically includes the following:
- extensions in the green belt
- front extensions
- side extensions
- rear extensions
- roof extensions and alterations
- garages and parking
- loss of light and the 56/60-degree rule
- unneighbourly form
- residential annexes
- boundary treatments
Documents for consultation
The following documents will also be available at public libraries and at the Buckinghamshire Council Wycombe offices, during normal opening hours.
When: Thursday 7 November, 12.30-1.30pmWhere: Buckinghamshire Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe
The event will include a brief outline of the contents of the Householder Planning and Design Guidance SPD and you will have chance to ask any questions you may have on how to respond to it.
How to respond
This consultation closed on 22 November 2019.
The Householder Planning and Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document and the accompanying SPD Statement of Consultation can be viewed during opening times at
- Bourne End Community Library, Wakeman Road, Bourne End. Opening hours vary.
- Castlefield Community Centre, Rutland Avenue, High Wycombe. Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays closed. Saturdays 12.30pm to 5.30pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays 2pm to 8pm.
- Flackwell Heath Community Library, Chapel Road, Flackwell Heath – Mondays and Wednesday – closed. Tuesdays 10am to 7pm, Thursdays and Fridays 10am to 5pm and Saturdays 10am to 1pm.
- Hazlemere Library, 312 Amersham Road, Hazlemere. Opening hours vary
- High Wycombe Library, 5 Eden place, High Wycombe. Mondays closed, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 09.30am to 5pm. Thursdays 09.30 to 7pm. Sundays 12pm to 4pm.
- Marlow Information Centre, Marlow Library, Institute Road, Marlow SL7 1BL –Tuesday 10am to 5:30pm,, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 5pm; Thursday & Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- Micklefield Community Library, Micklefield Road, High Wycombe. Openings hours vary.
- Risborough Information Centre, Princes Risborough Library, Bell Street, Princes Risborough, HP27 0AA - Tuesday 10am to 5:30pm, Wednesday 10am to 1pm, Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 10am to 1pm.
- Stokenchurch library, Wycombe Road, Stokenchurch. Opening hours vary.
- Buckinghamshire Council Offices, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe – 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday, 8.45am to 4.45pm Fridays.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
We will review the comments received and finalise the guidance by the end of January 2020.