Consultation: Canopy Cover Supplementary Planning Document
A six-week consultation on the draft Canopy Cover Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is currently underway. The SPD is a planning guidance document to help implement policy DM34 for the Wycombe District Local Plan.
Please make your comments on the consultation draft by 5 January 2020 (11.59pm).
A consultation event will be held on Wednesday 4 December in support of the consultation.
Start date: Monday 25 November 2019Closing date: Sunday 5 January 2020 (11.59pm)
Purpose and detail
The Wycombe District Local Plan was adopted on 19 August 2019. This Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) provides detailed guidance to help you achieve canopy cover requirements as set out in policy DM34: Delivering Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity in Development.
Once adopted, this SPD will form a "material consideration" (a matter that should be taken into account) when deciding planning applications.
The SPD covers all types of new development. Outside of town centres and on sites of half a hectare or more, a canopy coverage of 25% is required. On other sites, either within the town centres or less than half a hectare, the requirement is to maximise opportunities for canopy cover.
Documents for consultation
These documents will also be available to view during normal opening hours at public libraries and at our offices.
The Canopy Cover Supplementary Planning Document and the accompanying SPD Statement of Consultation can be viewed during opening times at:
- Bourne End Community Library, Wakeman Road, Bourne End (opening hours vary)
- Castlefield Community Centre, Rutland Avenue, High Wycombe
- Open Saturdays (12.30-5.30pm), Tuesdays and Thursdays (2-8pm)
- Flackwell Heath Community Library, Chapel Road, Flackwell Heath
- Open Tuesdays (10am to 7pm), Thursdays and Fridays (10am to 5pm) and Saturdays (10am to 1pm)
- Hazlemere Library, 312 Amersham Road, Hazlemere (opening hours vary)
- High Wycombe Library, 5 Eden place, High Wycombe.
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (9.30am to 5pm), Thursdays (9.30am to 7pm) and Sundays (midday to 4pm)
- Marlow Information Centre, Marlow Library, Institute Road, Marlow SL7 1BL
- Open Tuesday (10am to 5.30pm), Wednesday and Friday (9am to 5pm), Thursday and Saturday (10am to 4pm)
- Micklefield Community Library, Micklefield Road, High Wycombe (opening hours vary)
- Risborough Information Centre, Princes Risborough Library, Bell Street, Princes Risborough, HP27 0AA
- Open Tuesday (10am to 5.30pm), Wednesday (10am to 1pm), Thursday (10am to 4pm), Friday (10am to 5pm) and Saturday (10am to 1pm)
- Stokenchurch Library, Wycombe Road, Stokenchurch (opening hours vary)
- Wycombe District Council Offices, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe
- Open Monday to Thursday (8.45am to 5.15pm) and Friday (8.45am to 4.45pm)
When: Wednesday 4 December, 7-9pmWhere: Council Chamber, Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe
This briefing session will outline the contents of the Canopy Cover SPD and you will have chance to ask questions.
If you wish to attend the event please email email@example.com to confirm your place.
How to respond
The best way to have your say is through our online response form.
Have your say
You can also respond by completing the response form [Word | 170KB] and returning it to us via:
There is also a printable response form [PDF | 280KB] if you wish to hand-write your comments.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review the comments received and finalise the guidance by the end of February 2020.