Consultation: Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
This consultation closed on February 3 2020.
A consultation on the draft Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) ran from Monday 6 January to Monday 3 February 2020. A briefing session was held on 23 January 2020 in support of the consultation.
The SPD sets out our preferred approach to applying development plan policies in relation to air quality.
The Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) sets out our preferred approach to applying development plan policies in relation to air quality.
The guidance is designed to support measures to mitigate against and improve air quality impacts from and on new developments. This is to help ensure that planning proposals are properly assessed for air quality impact, and that decisions:
- on any new development within Air Quality Management Areas, are consistent with the local Air Quality Action Plan
- support the delivery of the Air Quality Action Plan
The SPD supplements a number of policies set out in the Wycombe District Local Plan (adopted August 2019) and the Delivery and Site Allocations Development Plan Document (adopted July 2013).
Documents for consultation
The draft SPD and consultation statement can be viewed below. You can also view paper copies at Council offices and libraries in the Wycombe district.
The Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and accompanying statement of consultation can be viewed during opening times at:
- Bourne End Community Library, Wakeman Road, Bourne End.
- Castlefield Community Centre, Rutland Avenue, High Wycombe.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2-8pm. Saturdays: 12.30-5.30pm. Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: closed.
- Downley Library, Downley Old School Community Centre, Downley.
- Monday: 10am to midday. Thursday: 3-5pm. Saturday: 10am to midday.
- Flackwell Heath Community Library, Chapel Road, Flackwell Heath
- Tuesday: 10am to 7pm. Thursday and Friday: 10am to 5pm. Saturday: 10am to 1pm. Monday and Wednesday: closed.
- Hazlemere Library, 312 Amersham Road, Hazlemere.
- High Wycombe Library, 5 Eden place, High Wycombe.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9.30am to 5pm. Thursday: 9.30am to 7pm. Sunday: midday to 4pm. Monday: closed.
- Marlow Information Centre, Marlow Library, Institute Road, Marlow SL7 1BL
- Tuesday: 10am to 5.30pm. Wednesday and Friday: 9am to 5pm. Thursday and Saturday: 10am to 4pm.
- Micklefield Community Library, Micklefield Road, High Wycombe.
- Risborough Information Centre, Princes Risborough Library, Bell Street, Princes Risborough, HP27 0AA
- Tuesday: 10am to 5.30pm. Wednesday and Saturday: 10am to 1pm. Thursday: 10am to 4pm. Friday: 10am to 5pm.
- Stokenchurch Library, Wycombe Road, Stokenchurch.
- Wycombe District Council Offices, Council Offices, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am to 5.15pm. Friday: 8.45am to 4.45pm.
- West Wycombe Community Library, Swan Yard, High Street, West Wycombe.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9am to 5pm. Wednesday: 10am to 4pm. Friday: 9am to 1pm. Saturday: 10am to 1pm.
A briefing session for the consultation was held on Thursday 23 January at our offices in High Wycombe.
The event included a brief outline of the contents of the Air Quality SPD and gave the public the chance to ask any questions.
How to respond
This consultation closed on 3 February 2020.
If you have any queries please get in touch by contacting Rosie Brake: