Consultation: Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
A consultation on the draft Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is now underway. The SPD sets out our preferred approach to applying development plan policies in relation to air quality.
Please make your comments on the consultation draft by 3 February 2020.
Start date: Monday 6 January 2020Closing date: Monday 3 February 2020 (11.59pm) A consultation briefing session will be held on 23 January 2020 in support of the consultation.
The Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) sets out our preferred approach to applying development plan policies in relation to air quality.
The guidance is designed to support measures to mitigate against and improve air quality impacts from and on new developments. This is to help ensure that planning proposals are properly assessed for air quality impact, and that decisions:
- on any new development within Air Quality Management Areas, are consistent with the local Air Quality Action Plan
- support the delivery of the Air Quality Action Plan
The SPD supplements a number of policies set out in the Wycombe District Local Plan (adopted August 2019) and the Delivery and Site Allocations Development Plan Document (adopted July 2013).
Documents for consultation
The draft SPD and consultation statement can be viewed below. You can also view paper copies at Council offices and libraries in the Wycombe district.
The Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and accompanying statement of consultation can be viewed during opening times at:
- Bourne End Community Library, Wakeman Road, Bourne End.
- Castlefield Community Centre, Rutland Avenue, High Wycombe.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2-8pm. Saturdays: 12.30-5.30pm. Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: closed.
- Downley Library, Downley Old School Community Centre, Downley.
- Monday: 10am to midday. Thursday: 3-5pm. Saturday: 10am to midday.
- Flackwell Heath Community Library, Chapel Road, Flackwell Heath
- Tuesday: 10am to 7pm. Thursday and Friday: 10am to 5pm. Saturday: 10am to 1pm. Monday and Wednesday: closed.
- Hazlemere Library, 312 Amersham Road, Hazlemere.
- High Wycombe Library, 5 Eden place, High Wycombe.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9.30am to 5pm. Thursday: 9.30am to 7pm. Sunday: midday to 4pm. Monday: closed.
- Marlow Information Centre, Marlow Library, Institute Road, Marlow SL7 1BL
- Tuesday: 10am to 5.30pm. Wednesday and Friday: 9am to 5pm. Thursday and Saturday: 10am to 4pm.
- Micklefield Community Library, Micklefield Road, High Wycombe.
- Risborough Information Centre, Princes Risborough Library, Bell Street, Princes Risborough, HP27 0AA
- Tuesday: 10am to 5.30pm. Wednesday and Saturday: 10am to 1pm. Thursday: 10am to 4pm. Friday: 10am to 5pm.
- Stokenchurch Library, Wycombe Road, Stokenchurch.
- Wycombe District Council Offices, Council Offices, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB
- Monday to Thursday: 8.45am to 5.15pm. Friday: 8.45am to 4.45pm.
- West Wycombe Community Library, Swan Yard, High Street, West Wycombe.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9am to 5pm. Wednesday: 10am to 4pm. Friday: 9am to 1pm. Saturday: 10am to 1pm.
A briefing session for the consultation will be held on Thursday 23 January.
The event will include a brief outline of the contents of the Air Quality SPD and you will have a chance to ask any questions you may have on how to respond to it. In case of high demand, please book your place by emailing email@example.com.
When: 23 January, 7-9pmWhere: Committee Room 1, Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, HP11 1BB
How to respond
The best way to have your say is through our online comment form.
Have your say
You can also download a comment form [Word | 174KB] and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries please get in touch by contacting Rosie Brake: