Complaints and compliments

Have we got it right?

If we have, we'd love to hear from you. If not, please tell us - your feedback is vital to ensure our services meet and exceed your expectations.

Who to contact

The best way to make a complaint, comment or compliment is online.

Make a complaint

Post: You can also write to us or download the complaints and comments form [PDF | 46KB] and send it to us at

Complaints Officer
Wycombe District Council
Queen Victoria Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP11 1BB

Telephone: 01494 461 000 and ask for the service concerned

Please note that if the matter is complicated we may ask you to submit your complaint in writing.

If you need any assistance submitting your complaint or with our procedures, please phone our Complaints Officer on 01494 421202 (Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 2pm).

Complaints about all highways and public footpaths including gritting of roads and pavements

Please direct all reports, queries, complaints or comments about road or public footpath repairs or maintenance to Transport for Bucks (TfB), which has responsibility for transport matters on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council. To report issues:

  • Web: Transport for Bucks (external website) to report potholes and other highways matters
  • Telephone: 0845 230 2882
  • Web form (external website) for queries
  • Bucks CC feedback (external website) for comments and complaints

Wycombe District Council does not have responsibilities for highways or transport services.

Housing complaints

Red Kite Community Housing now provide housing services for this district. Complaints about all housing services other than homelessness, housing applications and strategic housing should now be directed to Red Kite.

To make a complaint to Red Kite:

See Red Kite Housing feedback (external website) for more information


All complaints will be investigated thoroughly and fairly. We aim to acknowledge all correspondence within three working days and fully respond within ten. If the matter is complicated, we may need longer to fully investigate. We will tell you if more time is required.

The manager involved may also bring your comments or complaints to their team meeting to be reviewed.

Here is the complaints procedure:

  1. Contact the manager of the service concerned (see "Who to contact" above). If you are still unhappy with the response
  2. Contact the head of service. They will either investigate or appoint another person to investigate.
  3. If you are dissatisfied with the head of service's response, you may want to contact the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is unlikely to consider your complaint unless it has been fully investigated by us first (to head of service level) and we have responded to you.

Local Government Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) is an independent body appointed to review the actions taken by councils.

To contact the Ombudsman:

  • Telephone: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, 0845 602 1983
  • Address: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
  • Web: How to make a complaint (external website)
  • Text: 0762 480 4323

Paper copies of the LGO's complaint procedure and forms are available in our main reception, Marlow and Princes Risborough offices.

There are some things we can't change

By law, we can't change some of our actions or procedures, but we are always happy to explain these.

Help making a complaint

If you feel unable to make a complaint to us in person, you can approach your local councillor or MP and ask them to be your designated person so that they can make the complaint on your behalf.

See Find you councillor to search for your local councillor and MP.

Special procedures


You can appeal if you do not agree with the amount of your council tax benefit or housing benefit. Please contact:

Appeals Officer
Benefits Section
PO Box 513
High Wycombe
HP11 1DA

Telephone: the benefits helpline 01494 421 235

Council tax and business rates

More information about council tax and business rates. To contact us:

Council housing and waiting or transfer list

All properties are allocated on a points basis in line with the council's applications and allocations policy and procedures document (available free of charge from our offices). If you feel that your application for housing has not been assessed in line with the policy, you can request a review. Requests for review should be made in writing to:

PA to the Head of Homes and Housing
Wycombe District Council
Queen Victoria Road
High Wycombe
HP11 1BB


If we have refused your planning application you can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. Please contact the case officer in Planning and Sustainability if you need advice. Phone planning reception: 01494 421 589.