Complaints about councillors

You can make a complaint about a district or parish councillor within the Wycombe district if you feel he or she has breached the code of conduct. You will need to refer to the clauses of the code of conduct you believe to have been breached.

Complaints about a Wycombe district councillor

Complaints about a parish councillor within Wycombe district

  • See parish councils for contact details: contact the parish clerk to obtain a copy of the parishes code of conduct.

Complaints about a Bucks CC councillor

This procedure cannot be used for complaints about decisions made by a council or a committee of any council.

How to make a complaint about a councillor

Before submitting a complaint, please read our guidance notes.

If you think that a district or parish councillor has broken the code of conduct the best way to make a complaint is online.

You will receive an acknowledgement within three working days of receipt and the complaint will normally be assessed within 14 working days of receipt.

Additional help

Complaints must be submitted in writing. This includes electronic submissions. However, in line with the requirements of the Equalities Act 2010 (Section 20 and paragraph 2, Schedule 2), we can make reasonable adjustments to assist you if you have a disability that prevents you from making your complaint in writing. We can also help if English is not your first language.

If you need any support in completing the form, please contact us on 01494 421202.