Working for us
We offer a range of staff benefits including:
- flexible working
- employee assistance help-line
- occupational health nurse and subsidised chiropody and physiotherapy treatment
- local government pension scheme (external website)
- generous holiday entitlements and holiday purchase
- salary sacrifice
- childcare voucher scheme
- life assurance
- death in service scheme
- performance management scheme
- payment of professional subscription fees where required for the role
- private medical insurance (for senior grades)
- leisure discounts
- selected rail and bus discounts
- generous leave including additional days for long service and an additional day off at Christmas
- buy or sell up to five days holiday per holiday year
- training and development, including approved qualification scheme and comprehensive internal training programme
Pay scales and allowances
We have local terms and conditions of employment with the exception of three core conditions. These conditions are "hours of work", "annual leave" and "sickness absence".
Grades 1 to 9 follow National Joint Council for Local Government Services; Grades 10 to 12 follow Joint Negotiating Council for Chief Officers of Local Authorities and for Grade 13 Joint Negotiating Council for Chief Executives of Local Authorities.
We apply the nationally agreed cost of living awards.
In addition to statutory maternity benefits and flexible working choices, we offer generous occupational maternity benefits after one year's service.
We are working with Amersham & Wycombe College (external website) to employ apprentices through the Government Apprenticeships Scheme. The scheme enables young people to obtain on the job training, study for a nationally recognised qualification and earn money while they learn.
Amersham & Wycombe Colleges offer a full recruitment service to help those interested find a job with a local employer.
Equality and diversity
Equality and diversity are key ingredients in building a diverse, competent workforce,excellent customer focused services and promoting the general well-being of Wycombe’s communities and its citizens.
See: Equality and diversity employment statement