Princes Risborough expansion plan - have your say
A seven week consultation starts this week as Wycombe District Council publishes its draft expansion plan for the town. Under the Local Plan the market town will increase by around three quarters with the addition of around 2,500 new homes – a quarter of number of new homes to be built in Wycombe District by 2033.
The draft expansion plan or Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) not only sets out where the new homes will go but also gives guidance on the character and density of the houses. Once finalised, the SPD will be used as part of the local framework to approve or reject planning applications.
The expansion plan also sets out how, when and where key elements of infrastructure will be put in place during the next fifteen years in the town and explains what the ‘trigger’ points will be to deliver these for the town. This includes a relief road, to be built in phases, two primary schools, new sports facilities, a new bus service as well as protected green corridors. A new local centre is planned close to the new northern primary school which will include local shops, a pub and community space, as well as space for business start-ups.
The council is asking local people to give their comments on:
- how and when roads and schools will be built
- what developers will be expected to include in planning applications
- how well the guidance reflects the vision that has been set by the Risborough steering group “for the town to be a modern, green and accessible place with a vibrant community, which strongly reflects its historic roots and setting within the Chiltern Hills”
Cllr Katrina Wood, Leader of Wycombe District Council said: “We have ambitious plans to make the expansion of Princes Risborough something which will enhance the lives of people living there now and make it an attractive town for people to choose as their home in the future. We are keen to share plans these and want to get local feedback, so please come and talk to us at one of our events and then give us your comments during this consultation.”
You can view the whole Supplementary Planning Document or SPD, online at www.wycombe.gov.uk/risborough-expansion
Paper copies are also available at:
- Princes Risborough Town Centre offices on Clifford Road
- The library in Princes Risborough on Bell Street
- Wycombe District Council offices in Queen Victoria Road in High Wycombe.
There will be two drop in exhibition events at the Princes Risborough Community Centre on 25 June, from 3pm to 8pm and on 2 July, from 2pm to 6pm where people can talk to planners who are working on the expansion plan.
In addition, there will be a public meeting at the Community Centre on 2 July, 7.30pm. You will need to book your place in advance at www.wycombe.gov.uk/risborough-expansion
People living in and around Princes Risborough have received a leaflet this week giving details of the consultation and how they can have their say.
The consultation will run until 21 July 2019. You can comment:
- via the website using our online form at www.wycombe.gov.uk/consultations
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Spatial Planning, Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe HP11 1BB
After the consultation, the council will look at all the local feedback they receive and put together a final document which will be the main reference point to help guide and shape future planning applications within the Princes Risborough expansion area.