Introduction to local government course
This course is designed to give you an insight into the purpose of local government, how it operates, who it involves and how it came about.
Staff new to local government.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- explain how Councils work for the communities they serve
- identify how services are delivered
- recognise how central government is structured and how it fits with local government operations
- state how services are financed
- describe the current issues in local government
Access: Introduction to local government course