Performance management: one-to-one meetings
One-to-one meetings are scheduled meetings where employees and their line manager discuss and record progress against the employee’s objectives, performance, workload and deadlines.
Both the employee and line manager should keep a record of achievements, development and agreed actions.
Meetings are expected to be held, as a minimum, every month and cover the following:
- objectives, progress and actions needed
- workload review: current, outstanding, deadlines, difficulties/queries, support needed
- key achievements
- learning and development - learning events attended, how learning has related to role, its benefits and learning solutions required
- other issues/comments: personal matters, employee health, safety and well-being, annual leave, suggestions for improving the service/environment etc
- date of the next one to one meeting