Our values and behaviours
[needs some context]
We work together as one council team.
- We share information to help customers
- We solve problems together
- We listen to each other, our customers and partners
- We offer advice and solutions
- We communicate openly and seek dialogue
- We enjoy working together and celebrate our successes
We take ownership and responsibility.
- We take personal responsibility
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We keep to deadlines
- We get back to people and keep them informed
- We set high standards
- We act with integrity
We value others and treat them with respect.
- We appreciate everyone’s expertise and experience
- We value diverse ideas and thoughts
- We treat others with respect
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We recognise success and say thank you
- We challenge discrimination and promote fair treatment
Value for money
We use our resources effectively and responsibly.
- We use our resources sustainably
- We deliver on time and in budget
- We are clear about priorities and resource them
- We pool expertise and resources: we are more effective when we work together
- We prioritise and target expenditure
- We use technology to save money and improve efficiency
We are flexible in how we work and deliver services.
- We adapt our methods of communication in to suit our audience
- We are prepared to compromise to get the best solution
- We are open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- We are resilient
We challenge ourselves and find better ways to do things.
- We encourage creativity
- With give people the time and space to develop new approaches
- We listen to feedback and people’s ideas
- We invest in training staff and developing careers
- We know our strengths and weaknesses and take responsibility for improvement
- We learn from experience