How to use voicemail
Please note you need to raise a service request to be allocated voicemail if you do not already have access.
To activate voicemail during absences
- Press the "CFwdALL" soft key or button and press the "Message" soft key or dial 8000
- Your screen will then show you that all calls are "Forwarded to voicemail"
- To deactivate voicemail you need to press the "CFwdALL" soft key or button again and the screen should clear
Listening to messages
- The handset red light will be lit when you have messages waiting
- There should also be entries in your email inbox
- To listen to message, press the Messages softkey on the handset or select the Messages button on the larger handsets
- Enter your PIN when prompted
Press 1: to hear all your new messages
Press 2: to send a new message to someone; you need to know their extension number to send a message
Press 3: to review old messages
Press 4: the fourth option allows you to edit your account settings, change greetings
Press 0: for the help menu
Press *: to exit
- After listening to each message follow the instructions to save (2) or delete (3) messages as required
Listening to messages from outside the office
- Dial your direct dial number: for example, 01494 421179
- Wait to hear your voicemail greeting. As soon as you hear your greeting press *
- This will ask for your ID (your extension number) followed by #; for example: 3179#
- You will then be asked for your voicemail PIN followed by #
- You are then into your voicemail and can pick up any new or saved messages.
- You can save or delete them as required.
- To exit, press * or just hang up
Set up voicemail
Make sure you are logged into your phone. Follow the operators instructions at each stage, otherwise you may have start over from the beginning.
- Select the Messages soft key (this should be the third option from the left on the screen) or the Messages button if you have a larger phone
- Please listen to the prompts carefully
- When prompted, enter a PIN (password) then press # (hash): Capita will provde an initial PIN: this is usually 123654)
- You will then get a welcome message “Welcome to Cisco Unity Connection …….”
- You will then be prompted to press * (star); don't press this, as this will exit the voicemail setup and you will have to start again
- Press # when prompted to “keep the current recorded name”
- State your name and press #
- You will then be given a series of options which will allow you to record a personalised message
- The current default greeting message is read out: “Sorry <recorded name> is unavailable”
- Press # when prompted to keep the message and continue or set up your own personalised message
- Your personalised message should inform the caller of your whereabouts and leave you a message, contact some else or whatever is appropriate
- You will now be prompted to change your PIN : you must change your password
- Follow the spoken instructions carefully
- Your password must be at least three digits long and will not allow you to enter typical patterns - for example 111, 222, 123 - or your extension number; you will hear “Sorry this is not a valid password”, if you don't follow this rule
- Enter your new PIN followed by #
- When prompted re-enter your new PIN and the press #.
- When you have successfully completed these steps, you will hear “your password is now valid"
- You will then be given a series of options: press # to finish
- After pressing # you will hear the following “Thank you, you have finished enrolment”
- If you exit or hang-up before hearing “Thank you, you have finished enrolment” you will have to complete the process again
Listening to messages from the old voicemail system
- Dial 88882.
- Enter your old password. If you cannot remember your old password, contact Capita on x5555 or Mary Hayward-Ord on x3179 to get it reset.
- You will get an error message saying that the “Message server is offline”. Please ignore this and continue.
- Any recent messages will be played one by one, latest message first. It's not possible to delete or save these messages.