My Wycombe: My Maps
My Maps returns an interactive map centred on the Wycombe district area, and a number of options for searching and displaying council-related information on the map.
Without a selected address, My Maps will return a view of the entire Wycombe district and Buckinghamshire county areas and will appear as shown in the following screen-shot:
- Side panel containing all of the map display and search options. Click an arrowhead to expand the contents. Click and drag the box to re-order if preferred;
- Pan options - click a button to move the map in the desired direction;
- The map;
- Base map selection buttons - toggle between Ordnance Survey map and aerial photography;
- Map scale bar and mouse pointer co-ordinates;
- Base map copyright and licence number text;
- Scale bar - click + or - or drag the slider to adjust the scale;
- Map categories. Click + to expand. Add a tick to display.
Adding council data to the map
Go to Show Map Categories and add data on to the map in the following way:
- Click the arrow icon to reveal all categories of data;
- Click + to expand each category to reveal individual layers of data;
- Individual layer with style swatch;
- See how many layers are available in the category e.g. two (layers turned on) / five (total layers available);
- Add a tick to turn on all layers in the category;
- Add a tick to turn on the individual layer or combinations of layers as required.
Your results will now be loading and updated on the map:
Further ways of moving around the map
- Hold down Shift and click and drag the area of map you would like to view;
- Hover over the map and turn your mouse wheel: Forwards to zoom in; backwards to zoom out.
- Use the arrow keys to pan across the map;
- Click and drag the mouse pointer across the map to move in that direction;
- Double-click on the map to zoom in;
-Use 'Take Me To' to move to:
- High Wycombe;
- Princes Risborough;
- Bourne End;
- Stokenchurch town centre locations.
- Use Show Map - click the arrow icon to list all available maps. A new map can show a different set of information that is best viewed separately from the main map. There are two maps available at present:
- All map choices;
- Adopted local plan 2004.
- Info Click - simply click on a map item (point, line or area) to show further information and relevant hyperlinks to external and internal web pages (be aware that all web pages load in the same session so click 'Back' to return to My Maps). Please note: info click will only work when additional layers have been added to the map from the Map Categories on the side panel. It will not work if clicking on the base map or aerial photos.
- 'Search For' - click the arrow icon to reveal 'Search For' search boxes.
- Click the down-arrow button to return a list of available datasets, select the one you wish to search for e.g. sports clubs;
- In the second box, type in the word string you wish to search, and click 'Go' e.g. 'cricket';
- Items will be highlighted with numbers on the map where they match the search criteria.
These results will also be listed at the bottom of the page.
- Find Nearest - use this tool to find council data nearest to your property. The search will only work if a 'current location' exists.
The page will open with that location centred and marked on the map.
For guidance on how to find a property, see our help page on; My Wycombe: Searching for an address.
From the side panel, locate 'Find Nearest' as follows:
- The selected property is displayed on the map with a blue and red marker;
- Click the arrowhead to expand 'Find Nearest'.
Click the arrow icon to reveal three search boxes for customising your 'Find Nearest' search:
Each box presents items that can be selected from drop-down lists. Follow these steps to customise your search:
- Click within the first box and select from the drop-down list what layer you would like to search on;
- Click within the second box and select from the drop-down list the number of items you would like returned in the search;
- Click within the third box and select from the drop-down list the distance you would like the search to be;
- Click 'Go' and wait for the results to be returned. The relevant layer will appear on the map (if not turned on already). Results will be labelled with numbers (1 being the nearest) and items will be listed at the foot of the page;
- Click 'Clear results from map' from the 'Find Nearest' panel when you are finished.
It is also possible to run pre-defined 'Find Nearest' queries from certain layers within the Map Categories displayed on the side panel.
Where a: cursor appears next to a layer, a pre-defined 'Find Nearest' search can be run. Move the cursor over the symbol and information will appear (as a tool tip) describing what search will be run, this is shown in the next screen-shot for Household waste centres:
Click on the symbol and the search will run. The layer will be added to the map (if it has not been already). Sites will be marked on the map using numbered labels (1 being the nearest). Underneath the map the results are listed:
Click on the: symbol to clear results or click on another search to overwrite the existing results. The layer will also be added to the map.
Use My Wycombe now.
My Wycombe: My Alerts help guide