View planning applications
Planning website maintenance
We will be carrying out urgent maintenance to our planning and licensing website, Public Access, on Saturday 1 November 2014 between 5.30 and 10.30 am. You may experience problems accessing planning documents on Saturday.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Planning application documents are published and available for viewing on PublicAccess within five working days of receipt. By searching PublicAccess you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of use.
You can download the PublicAccess for planning user guide below.
Making and viewing comments on planning applications
You can use PublicAccess to make comments on planning applications.
You will need to register first via the Public Access home page and comment electronically. All comments made on applications can be viewed via the documents tab.
You can use our PublicAccess website to:
- monitor and track the progress of an application
- submit comments about the application
- search an updated list of applications received each week
- view details of historic applications
- view information and progress on appeals lodged with the Planning Inspectorate
- view property details by reference to a map
- view details of enforcement complaints received since 2000
- view enforcement notices served since 2001.
Benefits of using online services
Accessing planning services online has many benefits including:
- saving paper
- saving postage costs
- reducing car journeys
- making the process more accessible, transparent and cost effective.