Household waste and recycling collections
We run a regular household waste and recycling collection service.
Waste and recycling collection dates
Recycling calendars are produced annually and distributed to properties in the Wycombe district. If you require a collection calendar please contact us .
Bank holiday bin collections
A revised collection schedule is in operation during public and bank holidays. Please refer to your collection calendar to view when your next collection is.
Your recycling calendar will include the revised collection dates over public and bank holidays.
If you receive a weekly refuse collection, you will need to refer to the separate bank holiday collection schedule leaflet for your revised dates. Download or view your copy below.
Waste collections - our promise to you
- We will provide a regular collection of your general rubbish
- We will collect your recycling as stated on your collection calendar
- We will provide wheeled bins and recycling boxes to all suitable properties (charges may apply) or reusable bags and boxes
- We will make special arrangements where no able-bodied person can put the bin or box out for collection
- We will resume collections as soon as possible following any disruption to the service
Please note: Charges apply for providing wheelie bins and for special collections of bulky items. Waste and recycling charges
In return we ask that you:
- Put your bins or bags and boxes at the edge of your property boundary by 7:00am with the lid closed your bin or box out by 7am on collection day
- Position your bin or bags and boxes to prevent any obstruction
- Ensure collection vehicles have access
- Take your bin or bags or boxes back in after collection
- Place all waste in the bin or box provided with the lid closed flat and the box lids secured
- Use your green wheeled bin or reusable bag for food and garden waste only
- Use kerbside collection boxes for paper &, cardboard, plastic bottles and cans
- Use your blue wheeled bin or reusable bag to recycle your aerosols, foil, food tins, drink cans, glass bottles, glass jars, plastic pots, plastic tubs, plastic trays, cartons and Tetra Paks
- Use your brown food waste bin for food waste, scraps and leftovers
- Use the clear bags for batteries
- Use the pink sacks for shoes and textiles
- Use the right container for the right types of waste
- Do not put oil or paint in your bin: these should be taken to one of our household waste and recycling centres
Household waste - what goes in my bin?